Pilot Pond in Banff National Park!

Cyber Surfer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ez-photo.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of the most beautiful sights in early morning light!

5D-18-05-2008_0004.jpg

Beautiful photo! Lovely light. where abouts in the park is this pond?

JC

It is located on the 1A highway between Banff and Lake Louise. You have to be heading towards Banff and watch for the pullout called "Pilot Pond". It is a rather steep climb coming out from the pond but only a quarter mile from the pullout.

Best light is very early morning as the wind comes up later on, and ripples the water, taking away the reflection.

Gorgeous!
Banff is my mos favorite place in the world...

Incredible!!!!!!!

Excellent. You managed to catch it when the lake was calm. I really enjoyed these sorts of vistas all along the Bow Valley between Banff and Lake Louise.

Awesome! thanks a lot for all the details. No more than an hour and a half from me here in Golden, I'll hopefully get there sooner than later.

Thanks again,

JC

U know when you come across a photo is when its takes you breath away, also catching every detail of a photo is brilliant...U done yourself great justice here excellent shot.

Simply stunning. I could just feel the peace of the moment. I have been to Banff before getting into photography in a big way. Can't wait to go back with my new equipment. That picture brings back to all the fond memories I have of the mountains. I am now living in Winnipeg and miss the lumps.

Great shot Roy. I remember the pull-out for Pilot Pond but I've never been down there. Isn't this where you've seen the wolf a few times?

Great shot Roy. I remember the pull-out for Pilot Pond but I've never been down there. Isn't this where you've seen the wolf a few times?

There are two blacks and a grey that hang around Pilot Pond and can be seen there regularly, early in the morning about daybreak.

Be prepared for a tough climb out as it is steep, especially for an old codger like me! :lol:

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and accolades!

See Mike, I do know a few big words! LOL

Most reactions

Back