pin-up photography

BlackFire19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a amateur photographer at best so I don't know much about it so far. Pin-up photography is a type of photography that most interests me to do professionally. But I was curious what defines a pin-up model like what makes them that kind of model?

What interests you about pinup photography, if you really don't know what pinup photography is and what defines it?

What interests you about pinup photography, if you really don't know what pinup photography is and what defines it?
I'm going to guess attractive and sometimes scantily clad women? >.>

I already had an idea of what they are cause I have seen many photos of pin-up models I just wanted to be sure.

The first name that comes to mind for excellent pin-up photography is Alberto Vargas. Have a look at his work and you will have a better understanding, I think, of what pin-up is all about.

To the dismay of others, it can be an emotion, colors, textures, retro or a myriad of reasons that drives the OPs curiosity, not just scantily clad women.

i can agree about it not always being about the women but the feeling of the picture in general. i wouldnt care if the women were fully clothed personally, but i too find pin-up photography to be extremely appealing. it just screams 1940's and world war 2 to me which my grandfather was a part of, and of an era that i really enjoy.

thanks for that name, kundalini, this too is something that i've been curious about shooting and it will definitely provide some good examples i can use to learn by!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back