Pin ups

I agree your last edit is great, as a portrait, maybe even retro, but still doesn't have a true Pinup feel for me.

First and foremost, Pinup art began as a painting, the most dominant of the period being mildly erotic and sometimes humorous. Pinup artists were the Photoshop of the time as the ideal body then was an unrealistically stylized body, hand drawn illustration were the graphic tool for long legs, super thin waist, plumped up breasts, curves enhanced. Gil Elvgren's art was famous for not only posters and ads, but graced the noses of many military aircraft. I have to chuckle at young girls with their "duck faces" on social media today thinking they're doing something original, when It originated with Elvgren in the 50's. Gil Elvgren • Grapefruit Moon Gallery Course I already mentioned Vargas of Playboy fame, but another one is Zoe Mozart. Zoë Mozert, Zoe Mozert . Photoshop has some interesting tools under "artistic" and "transform" and a Google search will turn up several videos on how to do it in Ps. The main thing to remember is that a Pinup is a stylized version of the original.

Very inspiring! SHE says we can have a go. :D

Thanks for the suggestions; I took the 1st image all the way back to Lightroom and had a go at incorporating most of them...

View attachment 178353
Damn... that background looks almost like a matte painting.

Thank you.

Most reactions

Back