What's new

Pinholio!

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
12,983
Reaction score
5,003
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been playing around with digital pin hole photography. It's pretty hard to get interesting images. You kinda have to just aim in a general direction and shoot. Here are 3 of my favorites to date. I think they are fun.

4240082136_616ebdc896_o.jpg








4239308809_fbbff0a98f_o.jpg






4317950276_45c6f7dc33_o.jpg
 
Why do they come out so blurry? I don't know much about pinhole photography so I am just wondering.
 
Well, mostly because it's a pin hole in the camera body cap. The body cap is thick, so it causes a lot of "diffraction?" I need to experiment more, and roll out some superfine metal and put a laser hole in it, that should help. I saw a guy that did a zoom pin hole lens too. His quality was better than these.
 
For just a hole in the body cap, these are some great results!

I have heard great things about a laser cut hole in a thin piece of metal, and your shots have me much more interested in this style of photography than I was before!

I remembered reading an article about a six month exposure with a pinhole camera a while back, I think that would be a bit hard to do with a DSLR, but there are a lot of creative possibilities here, which is pretty cool.
 
I believe...the smaller the hole, the thinner the "lens surface", the sharper the image.

I have also seen neat stuff done creating other kinds of lenses made with the lens from a DVD player affixed to a hole in a body cap. There is so much to experiment with, and so little freakin' time!
 
wow, pretty cool. Gives me some ideas for the 365...
 
Those look pretty cool.

Are there any sites you would recomend to someone who wants to learn about this? Otherwise Ill just wonder down the list that Google spits out.
 
I pretty much googled. Didn't save any site in particular. It's all basically the same info.
 
Alright, thanks.

Let the search begin...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom