pink floyd

not desperate...i just know what i like. and dancing naked to pink floyd sure is one of them.

it doesnt hurt to have mentos taking pictures and sarah dancing around here somewhere. :)

JonMikal said:
pigs on the wing (part 2)

You know that I care what happens to you
And I know that you care for me
So I don't feel alone
Of the weight of the stone
Now that I've found somewhere safe
To bury my bone
And any fool knows a dog needs a home
Jon, I adore you, my sweet, but I must point out that today, you are becoming repetitive becoming repetitive.

I posted Pigs On the Wing yesterday - and "Time" was post #4 on this thread, wayyyy back, when we were still young, before all the madness started. (Hell, it was before Sarah even joined TPF, and now she's in here dancing naked with MD.) :thumbup:

Just....pay attention, will ya? :mrgreen:

Hello.
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone home?

Come on, now.
I hear you’re feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain,
Get you on your feet again.

Relax.
I need some information first.
Just the basic facts:
Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ship’s smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can’t hear what you’re sayin’.
When I was a child I had a fever.
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I got that feeling once again.
I can’t explain, you would not understand.
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb.

Ok.
Just a little pinprick. [ping]
There’ll be no more --aaaaaahhhhh!
But you may feel a little sick.

Can you stand up?
I do believe it’s working. good.
That’ll keep you going for the show.
Come on it’s time to go.

There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ship’s smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can’t hear what you’re sayin’.
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone.
I cannot put my finger on it now.
The child is grown, the dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb.

terri said:
Jon, I adore you, my sweet, but I must point out that today, you are becoming repetitive becoming repetitive.

I posted Pigs On the Wing yesterday - and "Time" was post #4 on this thread, wayyyy back, when we were still young, before all the madness started. (Hell, it was before Sarah even joined TPF, and now she's in here dancing naked with MD.) :thumbup:

Just....pay attention, will ya? :mrgreen:

oh.....sorry, i was just spamming and didn't think anyone would notice....and of all people you make me look bad in front of the whole world :meh: and you call yourself a bud

JonMikal said:
oh.....sorry, i was just spamming and didn't think anyone would notice....and of all people you make me look bad in front of the whole world :meh: and you call yourself a bud
OMG.... :guilty: :pale:
I do adore you....I am your bud.... so I am scum....I would never try to make you look bad, because it would take a lot more than that for you to look bad to me.... :hug::

I am scum, I am pond scum, you are a bud and I suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug::

Can ya forgive me.... O Repetitive One???? ;) :heart:

terri said:
Can ya forgive me.... O Repetitive One???? ;) :heart:

hmmmmmm......will you do the cheerleading thing???????? :mrgreen:

MDowdey said:
not desperate...i just know what i like. and dancing naked to pink floyd sure is one of them.

it doesnt hurt to have mentos taking pictures and sarah dancing around here somewhere. :)

I'll always be dancing around you darling :lovey:

Personaly I think Floyd lost the plot around Atom Heart Mother. The only album of theirs that I kept was the soundtrack to the film 'More' which contains probably their finest songs.
I also have one or two of their singles including 'See Emily Play'.
I discovered Amon Duul II and The Can in '69 and they were both far better than Floyd.
http://www.andygilham.com/amonduul2/ad2disc.htm
I have all their albums and I also have at least one album by Amon Duul - a totally different band :lmao:

Just thought the thread needed to get back on track.

JonMikal said:
hmmmmmm......will you do the cheerleading thing???????? :mrgreen:
A cheerleader for Floyd....? I might could be convinced. :razz:

pink floyd has some good songs that i enjoy muchly, but a lot of their music makes me want to go to sleep... going to see them in concert is nothing i want to do unless i'm suffering from insomnia or i want to get a contact high :p

meotter said:
pink floyd has some good songs that i enjoy muchly, but a lot of their music makes me want to go to sleep... going to see them in concert is nothing i want to do unless i'm suffering from insomnia or i want to get a contact high :p

:shock:

haha... well, i guess i can't sum up your reaction any better then you did :)

little story: i drove a car from work one day and there was a led zepplin cd that somebody had left in the player. i found myself listening to that led zepplin cd the rest of the weekend. It reminded me that I had purchased the led zepplin digitally remastered 4cd boxset a while ago, but never really listened to it. I found it and proceeded to listen to the led zepplin 4 cd boxset exclusively for the next 2 months or so (maybe 3 months). it was literally the only music i listened to for that entire time period. i just never got sick of it and was constantly and perpetually entertained by those 4 cd's.

when that period finally wore off and i was ready to listen to some other things again, i happened to hear the division bell by pink floyd on the radio or something and it reminded me that i had also purchased a pink floyd double cd called echoes. the double cd set is sorta like a greatest hits album of sorts (at least that was my understanding when i purchased it).

expecting a very similar reaction to the PF cd set, i was quite shocked when i realised i was yawning a lot and often wanted to sleep. the music just doesn't have the same draw that zepplin gave me. like i said, i think the music is good, but i can't listen to it for too long before i start relaxing too much to drive...

*Yawn* Saw Zepp in the very early 70's. And Purple. And Hendrix, Joplin, Dylan, Bowie, Zappa, Beefheart.... just about everyone really.

Just like to tell people this to make them envious ;-)

Most reactions

Back