Pink Lady's Slipper

Rickbb

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_0575.JPG

Nice bokeh but could do with a little brightening imo.

Nice bokeh but could do with a little brightening imo.

I agree. The composition is nicely done and balanced - I especially love the background tendril that mirrors the stem of the subject. But I agree it could use a bit tweaking in terms of of levels to highlight the subject and maybe reduce some of the bright spots in the background that compete.

Thanks, I’ll work on it some this evening. I never know how much PP to do as I tend to like the darker shots.

Thanks, I’ll work on it some this evening. I never know how much PP to do as I tend to like the darker shots.

It's always hard to know when to stop. I don't mind darker shots, either, and actually think the subject brightness is fine, but maybe play with the contrast a bit or the levels of the background to make that darker to help the flower stand out a bit more. There are some bright spots around the middle just below the petals that compete and make it feel a bit flat.

I've been hit on this too, as I also prefer darker images. More so with the black and white, however. Dark color images I would say are more difficult to pull off.

I love just as is. The softness of natural forest light tells the story of where this amazing plant lives. In a shady forest floor! Great image!!! Don’t do anything!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back