5: Downtown
cities_p109.jpg

6: Downtown
cities_p110.jpg

7: Downtown
cities_p107.jpg

8: Downtown fountain
cities_p112.jpg

Nice series. 4 and 5 are my faves. It's so interesting to see the baseball field surrounded by the office towers. And I like the lighting/patterns in #5.

Hum... we have to pick a favorite? ;)
Very nice series Alex!

1,4,5 are my favs.

Are you taking your SLR into the baseball stadium? Lucky!!! Yankee stadium from what I hear wont let us bring in cameras with interchangable lenses (but im not 100% sure ive only brought my P&S because of this rumor).

Thanks everyone :)

Are you taking your SLR into the baseball stadium? Lucky!!! Yankee stadium from what I hear wont let us bring in cameras with interchangable lenses (but im not 100% sure ive only brought my P&S because of this rumor).

Well, didn't think much about it, just took it with me ;)

4 and 5 are great!

A close up detail shot of 5 I think would look fantastic.

No 4 for me mate,Ive probably already asked you this but what camera are you useing and how do you get it so sharp?

Well, I shoot digital and film .. this series however, is exclusively film.

I think in Pittsburgh I used ISO 100 AGFA film ... the last rolls of that one ...

these are small versions of 20 megapixel scans, with some postprocessing, including sharpening. Things don't come out that sharp straight from the scanner. You can see that in some images I overdid the sharpening as you can see artifacts (halos).

Looks like you did some corrections for the converging verticals too unless you used a tilt/shift lens.

So we need to pick a favourite?
And if not then :spank: or :whip: ???

Oh :shock:

:lol:

OK, my favourite is Photo 6 (no one has named that one before :greenpbl: ). I love the focus on lines and squares of all sizes, bit and small, with the whispy roundedness of the clouds in contrast. It just appeals to me most - plus I am a sucker for zoomed-in architecture shots. So there. :wink:

Looks like you did some corrections for the converging verticals too unless you used a tilt/shift lens.

I am so relieved someone noticed! :)

I am playing with the idea of a tilt and shift for some time now. But since I don't have any yet, I currently eith correct it in post processing, or I do it by extreme cropping.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back