Pittsburgh - Part 2 (Image heavy)

So we need to pick a favourite?
And if not then :spank: or :whip: ???

Oh :shock:

:lol:

OK, my favourite is Photo 6 (no one has named that one before :greenpbl: ). I love the focus on lines and squares of all sizes, bit and small, with the whispy roundedness of the clouds in contrast. It just appeals to me most - plus I am a sucker for zoomed-in architecture shots. So there. :wink:

I am not as demanding as you might think ;)

Interesting that you go for photo 6 ... as I really cannot decide if I like it or not ;)

I actually like having a little convergence. It looks more convincing in my opinion. 6 looks like the tops are pointing out almost.

I actually like having a little convergence. It looks more convincing in my opinion. 6 looks like the tops are pointing out almost.

They are, almost. And this is the effect I wanted to achieve ... of course not everyone's cup of tea ;) It is almost like they do skyscapers in cartoons, which are wider at the upper end ... or like inverted perspective.

no. 5 I would not want to have with any vertical convergence. What you see there is what you would see if you look at eye level, and don't bend your head upwards [edit: ok, not exactly, as you still have some convergence, but that gets minimised if you are far away, .... the tilting of the plane disappears totally though].

I also like convergence shots, but then I prefer more pronounced convergence, which really give you the feeing of looking upwards. And actualy there are some in the series, which are like that, but they are not posted here ... they will appear on my webpage later though .

another great set, thanks for sharing

thanks again :)

lets see which city I will post next ;)

Cool.... number 4 for me!

skyline & baseball seems a popular combination :)

So were you just visiting then? Or are you from here? Have you been to the silver eye center gallery? They have all kinds of neat things going on there all the time. Your pictures definately do Pittburgh justice. I got my camera in the winter so I havent played with it in the city yet but it's like 68 degrees today so soon I'll venture over there!!!! I can see some of those buildings if I walk to the end of my street!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back