Pixel King - Anybody used them?

Caps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking about buying a Pixel King for my Nikon D5100/SB700. I'm also thinking about buying one or two more aftermarket flashes (YN 560EX) to go with the Pixel Kings.

I know they've been reviewed by the Canon folks and seem a good alternative to PW. I'm not a pro and money is an object.

Thanks

Caps said:
I'm thinking about buying a Pixel King for my Nikon D5100/SB700. I'm also thinking about buying one or two more aftermarket flashes (YN 560EX) to go with the Pixel Kings.

I know they've been reviewed by the Canon folks and seem a good alternative to PW. I'm not a pro and money is an object.

Thanks

Yes, I use them quite regularly on Canon 5D 1's and 2's. They work really well and the TTL capability is solid. They lack a dedicated TEST button, but otherwise work great. I actually used mine to wirelessly trigger a monolight during a photo booth shoot during the last wedding I shot and had zero misfires over the course of 150-250 shots.

Thanks o hey tyler.....

That's the sort of experience I was looking for - constant an consistant successful use. Awesome!

As the expression goes - you don't know what you don't know. I'm wishing I had gone Canon more every day but for now I'm locked in.

It's never too late to switch to Canon. ;-)

Sorry for the random late bump on this but I have a couple of questions on the pixel kings. 1st... If I am using ttl with two flashes will it account for the light increase of both or does it measure based on a single flash? 2nd... Can I change the manual settings in camera for either a one or two flash setup? I hope these questions don't sound as confusing as it was to write.

Never mind. Just found a YouTube video explaining it all. Looks like a great product.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back