Pixmedics photo contest XIII "The Perfect Imperfect Portrait"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coaxing a decent image from an antique non adjustable snapshooter can be more fun sometimes for me than shooting pix with my DSLR. I find these photographic castoffs abandoned in thrift stores and landfill salvage sheds, pay their meager ransoms, then take them out again and shoot a roll or two.

Took this one a few years back with an Ansco Shur Shot box camera of my daughter and her then year old Shiloh Shepherd who luckily cooperated by standing still long enough to accommodate the 1/50 sec. shutter.

Ansco 4e2sz.jpg

Catherine and Freya

Last edited:
most excellent contest.
I am a portrait photographer.
choosing just one was the hardest thing
I couldn't really decide which photo to use
Almost didn't want to use this one incase Mrs PixMedic thought she was too pretty

In the end..
DSC_8649-Edit-Edit-3.jpg
here it goes

It was sorta dark so I boosted the ISO pretty high so it's grainy
her eyes aren't really in focus
the light is contrasty and behind her

I trained with LifeTouch when I was just out of school so this was my attempt to break away from sharp technically correct photos. I wanted to get an artsy feeling photo.

Last edited:
Chuasam she kinda looks like a young Grace Slick. Nice.
Thanks. i had to look up Grace Slick.
Nah...Grace Slick isn't as pretty.
DSC_8790-Edit-2-Edit.jpg
(another photo from the same shoot but this isn't my contest entry)

Last edited:
This photo is a complete riddle.
First of all, it wasn't even supposed to look good. This was just a test shot for exposure on a video shoot that I found on my card. It was also in complete natural light, and the cloud came over the sun right as I took the shot. And don't get me started on the composition. It sucks. But somehow it works in my opinion.
FA1_8566.jpg

It took me a while to decide which photo to submit but here we go. He was a wonderful dog and this says a great deal about who he was. But he's off center,background is cluttered with junk. Not to mention it was shot on Signature cinema film. It wasn't meant to be a portrait but here we are. I miss him every day.

2016-05-05-0013.JPG

I was taking some cool "neon-like" portraits of my sister for her Instagram and this one's the best of the bunch. I thought it was perfect and beautiful, like her. But then I realized one of the most important things about a portrait is the eyes. And there are no eyes!!

28145421907_27b95fffc3_h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back