Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
As many of you know, Alison and I are expecting this January or December. A running thing we have is that I've felt like since the beginning that it was twins. She thinks otherwise. We've had an ultrasound already but they didn't see more than one bun in the oven but we also got one of them baby doppler things so we can listen to the heartbeat from home. This is where things got strange for her theory...it sounds a lot like there are two heartbeats running down there at two different rates. It all comes together to make it seem like my little initial feeling was correct. That brings me to this post.

Help us decide using the evidence we have and vote for what you think. Am I right and we have twins in the oven. Was the doctor right at the ultrasound and they didn't miss the other baby (which does happen), or is there just not enough information or too close to make an informed desicion?

First Heartbeat
Second Heartbeat
Third Heartbeat

And this is Alison at 14 weeks.
IMG_3676-web.jpg

Here's what she started with..
ali4.jpg

So....let us know what ya'lls predictions are.

hobbes you do know that saying that it's twins is almost as bad as calling her names when she eight months pregnant and stuck like a turned over turtle on the floor! You could be endangering yourself with those words!
I fairly thin, about 120 pounds and didn't show too soon with my first two daughters but with my third I'd be wearing a beggy t-shirt and people would be asking me when I was due when I was 18 weeks and when I was about 24 weeks I took one of my daughters to the GP and he asked me how far along I was and then almost wet his pants laughing at me (nice doctor) because I was so big! It got to the point that the next person who asked me if I was having twins was in serious trouble!:confused:
So as a kind warning be very careful what you say!:wink:
Hormones can be dangerous things!

Oh Ya! I think that it's one baby!

With my first pregnancy, I didn't show until I was 6 months pregnant. The next pregnancy, I looked like I was about to give birth at two months. Definitely just one in there... sorry Aubrey.

I met Alison before she got preggers and she really is a pretty small girl. Looks like two bambinos in the oven to me so I'm putting my money on Daddy's intuition. ;)

Thank you to Linda and Alison for supporting me in the "just one baby" theory (and whoever else voted for the just one option!). I am glad to know that I am not the only one who on subsequent pregnancies had to break out the maternity clothes at 6 weeks and had strangers asking when they were due before the 2 month mark. I've already been asked many times if we're having twins. Aubrey just stands there with a very satisfied "I told you so look". In fact, the other day we asked Christopher what he thought he was going to get, a brother or a sister? His response was "Well Mom, I think you're having one of each because you're so big". I love 5 year olds :mrgreen:

i'm going with my first intuition from a month ago: one baby girl

JonMikal said:
i'm going with my first intuition from a month ago: one baby girl
Ditto! I think a baby girl is causing all this excitement. She's starting early. :lol:

:hail: I like these more recent percentages!!!

AlisonPower said:
:hail: I like these more recent percentages!!!

Look again ;)

I'm gonna vote with hobbes and the 5 year old here :) One boy and one girl :)

hahaha exactly the sama Amanda :) one boy and a girl :D happy family :D

eromallagadnama said:
Look again ;)

I'm gonna vote with hobbes and the 5 year old here :) One boy and one girl :)

It's like you're just begging for more negative rep points here :biglaugh:

But, both Aub and Christopher say it's one boy and one girl so maybe you and Mentos are right :D

Havent listened to the heartbeats yet but I'm saying theres only one little bebe in there.

Not getting a strong sense of which gender your cherub is yet but 'girl' flashed in my mind just now and I almost went to type " she" directly after because of the thought lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back