places to do portraits

hollisterguyo7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i wanna start doing portraits.. outside more but i cant ever think of a place i know parks and stuff... one has a river.. but i cant think of poses or stuff like that you guys know of any tips.. or anything that could lead me to something helpfull

Brick walls are always good - your subject can lean on them and look moody (and they're everywhere). Pebble dash is surprisingly good too! :)

I was wondering this myself. I was told that I should just drive around and look specifically for places, keeping my imagination open to really see what is out there instead of just focusing on the road. Find multiple parks near you, it seems that every park has something different to offer; bridges, benches, flowers, trees, creeks, etc. Also look around for bold colored buildings, brick, etc. Good luck.

Try your local downtown area. There are always colorful storefronts, moody alleyways, and rundown buildings full of character.

Try your local downtown area. There are always colorful storefronts, moody alleyways, and rundown buildings full of character.

That's very true. Here in Richmond, we have so many abandoned stores and old buildings that there's no way you can't find a place to shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back