What's new

Plane photo critque

Skelrad

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 7, 2014
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
New guy to digital looking to learn from the masses. This was an off-the-cuff shot, so unfortunately I didn't quite get the plane in sharp focus. I'm very new to LR as well, so aside from doing some minor tweaking and cropping I haven't messed with it much. Thoughts?

 

Attachments

  • $_BRY5996.webp
    $_BRY5996.webp
    194.7 KB · Views: 78
I really like the clouds in the background. Nicely done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The composition looks good, but it's about 0.7 EV - 2/3 to 3/4 of a stop under exposed.
The whitest parts of the clouds should be white, not gray. (white as in RGB values that are nearly equal and greater than or equal to 240.)

Adding exposure, you will also need to increase the mid-tone contrast and vibrance.
 
The composition looks good, but it's about 0.7 EV - 2/3 to 3/4 of a stop under exposed.
The whitest parts of the clouds should be white, not gray. (white as in RGB values that are nearly equal and greater than or equal to 240.)

Adding exposure, you will also need to increase the mid-tone contrast and vibrance.

Thanks, I'll play around with that and see how it changes things. The clouds were actually pretty close to this color because it was so dark everywhere around me (almost black clouds in 3/4 of the sky), but I agree that these clouds should be brightened up a bit. Thanks for the input!
 
Love LR, hope you'll grow to love it too. Personally I'd like to see the clouds white, not gray, it would probably help the yellow of the plane pop a bit more. It's a bit underexposed but it's still a neat shot!

Actually, just read where you said the clouds were a bit dark that day, if that's the case I'd try adding exposure first before messing with the color (if you want them that color, that is).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom