Planning to build a team assistant

Giowizzy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey ladies and gents,

My partner and I are planning to come up with our own team of photog, really creative people with a lot of passion for art. We are more focus on commercial, editorial type of shoot. Looking for people that love what they do and team players. We are looking for Photo retouch artist, stylist, camera assistant, light assistant and Makeup artist.

We do not consider ourselves PRO but I bet you in the long run we all could benefit from it. If you have some free time and willing to spare it with the team please let us know. Everyone will be credited for their work.

We are in the NEW YORK City area... Let's make it happen, grow a solid team and make MIRACLES ;)
Also if you have any questions/suggestions please let us know.
:thumbup:

Gio-

When you say you don't consider yourselves PRO, does that mean you are not highly skilled in your trade, or that you don't get paid for what you do? Please clarify the term PRO for us. It's a topic of debate here.

K Thnx

When you say you don't consider yourselves PRO, does that mean you are not highly skilled in your trade, or that you don't get paid for what you do? Please clarify the term PRO for us. It's a topic of debate here.

K Thnx

That's correct, we are not at Joe McNally and Chase Harvis level but we make things happen. Which mean if there's something new I could learn from you, I'll more than happy to stop you and ask you questions about it.
Again, as long our clients know what they want, WE make it happen.

Thanks,
Gio-

as long our clients know what they want, WE make it happen.

I find that with enough time I can produce what people want.. but I find much more that people have no idea what they want..

I've had close friends and relatives (huge family so its not as small a pool as it sounds :p) that have wanted me to take photographs from portraits to event shots and before I do this I let them know my limitations and that I'm not so much a photographer as a camera operator, attempting to convey that my skill is, as of now, purely technical.

case and point:
i'm out somewhere usually with or around my sister and i'll mess with the settings and achieve a technical exposure then she'll say she wants to take a few and when I transfer the card to the computer I find myself envious of the photographs she took - one entirely oblivious of everything but the shutter release - without an ounce of time or study she has a more unique artistic product than any of my books could get me.

Just saying it's a bit more than producing what is in someone else's mind.. kind of like being the typist being dictated to because the author can't type through the arthritis pain.

Probably purely tangential but I feel it's an important thought if you're going to be investing in this team/endeavor.

,......My partner and I are planning to come up with our own team of photog, really creative people with a lot of passion for art. We are more focus on commercial, editorial type of shoot.....
The client's Creative Director and Art Director usually conceive the 'big picture' that determines the artistic direction you'll be expected to take, and to make happen.

The art director is usually in charge of the overall visual appearance, how it communicates visually, stimulates moods, contrasts features, and psychologically appeals to the target audience.
The art director makes decisions about visual elements used, and what artistic style to use.

Good luck with your new venture. :thumbup:

.... I'll more than happy to stop you and ask you questions about it.

Thanks,
Gio-

"We make it happen, TOGETHER ... while I collect the money" That's what I read lol. :lol:

.... I'll more than happy to stop you and ask you questions about it.

Thanks,
Gio-

"We make it happen, TOGETHER ... while I collect the money" That's what I read lol. :lol:

Nah whoever work with us will definitely get paid by gig. All we need is commitment. Reason I said if you have some free time to spare cuz we don't want u to quit your previous hustling for this.

Do you have an online portfolio where we can see examples of your work?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back