What's new

Play with me...

Which do you like better?

  • 1

    Votes: 17 73.9%
  • 2

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • 3. Neither

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    23
I like the first one better. For me it's because the lighting above gives me the impression that it's a man made light source of some sort and if it were turned off the room would be dark. To me that gives it a scarier feel. You could at any moment turn off the lights. The second seems to be a natural light and so you couldn't turn off the lights.
Just my take.
 
#1

Harmonizing color emphasizes the light and form. Corners are better defined than in #2. Better balance than in #2.
 
I like the first one. As for the walls looking like they turn in, it may have been the way the walls were in that room. There's a lot of crookidness in that place.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #19
Thanks for all the comments!! I'm going to give a few more people the chance to vote and weigh in on the discussion before I give my opinion. :1219:
 
#2 because I like the colors and less "warm" looks more real! imo
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #21
Ok, I'll fess up. I was having a little fun with this post. #1 is a HDR shot with my 5D MKII and the other is a HDR with my Galaxy s5. hehe I spent about the same amount of time processing them both...about 5 minutes. I think I actually like the second one better. The colors and mood are more interesting than the first. ;) It was fun seeing what you guys thought!!
Any comments now that you know one of them was taken with a phone?
 
Any comments now that you know one of them was taken with a phone?

Explains the blown highlights on the wall - phone camera settings for jpg output are usually terrible for this. And here I was thinking you just went overboard with post-processing - can you imagine that?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #24
Any comments now that you know one of them was taken with a phone?

Explains the blown highlights on the wall - phone camera settings for jpg output are usually terrible for this. And here I was thinking you just went overboard with post-processing - can you imagine that?
lol
I thought you knew the one was a phone shot. hehe You saw me taking pictures with my phone throughout the day. I have a couple more of these type threads I want to do. =)
 
I thought you knew the one was a phone shot. hehe You saw me taking pictures with my phone throughout the day.

I didn't know you were taking pictures with it - I thought you were just multi-tasking
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #26
Yup. I have more to post later.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom