Playground

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm pretty sure I haven't posted this... Took it a few months ago. There's just something about it that I really like...

05261125 by J E, on Flickr

I think I see what you like about it, and when I view it I think of the innocence of the scene.

I don't like the dead space on the camera left. Do you have any photos of just the horse? That's a cool horse.

Thank you. I do have some of just the horse ... I'll post it up soon...

RE: the dead space to the left - I included the bench on purpose (and made sure it was slightly out of focus on purpose), so I didn't really see that as dead space. To me, the bench is part of what makes the shot.

Last edited:
OK, I KNOW I have some of just the horse, but they are apparently not on my Flickr... I could only find one of just the horse currently on my Flickr, and I don't like it much, lol. It has color issues (color cast that I didn't correct), and the composition isn't very good, IMO...

I think I might actually have a shot of it from this weekend that I haven't gotten on the computer yet...

I like it as it is. I imagine a mom and pop wtching their little one on the horse right away. In fact, you should use that exact location, camera position/settings and add a kid on the horse with their parents watching from the bench.

Thanks, Jake.

In fact, you should use that exact location, camera position/settings and add a kid on the horse with their parents watching from the bench.
Not a bad idea. No way I could use my kids though - they would never sit still long enough! :lol:
I think I might actually have a shot of it from this weekend that I haven't gotten on the computer yet...
Here is a shot of the horse from this weekend. Just going to link to it: 09071132 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
(It's pretty grainy - Kentmere 400 in Rodinal.)
I like that really grainy look sometimes...

I had an idea for shooting that horse (there's actually a couple of them there), but can't seem to get what I'm looking for. It's also really hard to not get a distracting background there.

I think I see what you like about it, and when I view it I think of the innocence of the scene.

I don't like the dead space on the camera left. Do you have any photos of just the horse? That's a cool horse.

That is a cool horse. I think he makes the shot. It's simple and I like that he is in focus while the rest of the scene is slightly out of focus - reiterates that the cool horse is the subject.

Thanks. I also think that the bench helps lead your eye to the horse.

The horse is cool - and I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get better shots of it (just the horse, I mean). It's kinda old and worn, what I have in my mind is some gritty and dark, semi-spooky shot of it.

Basically, I'm trying to make a kids toy look scary. (Not in this shot - referring to what I have been attempting and failing at.)

edit

And, even though it's just a bench and horse - I have seriously been thinking of having a big print of this made - like 16x24 or 20x30... I just can't make myself do it yet. :lol:

Thanks, Saravin.

Most reactions

Back