What's new

Playing around in photoshop :)

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
645
Reaction score
140
Location
WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wondering what people thought, as I haven't used much photoshop. Too much?

Lighthouse in W.Seattle -- will upload more later. It's late right now :P


W.Seattle Lighthouse by echoyjeff222, on Flickr
 
Actually, that's just about right. I think it's just scraping the edge of fantasy light that gives it a slightly ethereal feel to it. One thing I think would be to smooth the sky color, because the grittiness isn't working for me. Not sure if that's a photoshop artifact or the ISO.
 
Actually, that's just about right. I think it's just scraping the edge of fantasy light that gives it a slightly ethereal feel to it. One thing I think would be to smooth the sky color, because the grittiness isn't working for me. Not sure if that's a photoshop artifact or the ISO.
How would you remove that? I think that came when I increased the detail.

BTW, i just noticed that perhaps this could look like a impressionistic painting if I really blurred it more. Hahaha maybe I'm going too far, but for some reason that popped in my head.
 
I just installed the noise reduction from noiseware -- i think it worked!



Try3! by echoyjeff222, on Flickr

EDIT:

I'm having way too much fun with this. I tried out a quick impressionistic setting:


DSCN1590IMPRESS by echoyjeff222, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
Dude there's some nasty noise in the shadowed wall that's facing you. Are these sharpening artifacts?
 
Yeah, I used the detail effect -- is it too much? lol

did you take a look at the 'impressionistic setting' one? it looks a lot less noisy.
 
Last edited:
it looks fine after noise reduction...which one did you download? noise ninja?

Regards :D
 
noiseware by imageonomic -- got a 15 day trial :D

which one do you like more in the 5th post? the one with noise reduction in the sky or the one that I 'impression-ized?' lol
 
any more opinions on post 5? :)

not sure if the second one on the post turned out too soft / unreal with the edit?
 
any more opinions on post 5? :)

not sure if the second one on the post turned out too soft / unreal with the edit?

Dude, who cares. Do you like it?

Personally I think the noise on the shadowed wall facing you is distracting. The haloing around the building is distracting. The wonky pastel colors are distracting.
 
Thanks -- I did my best to remove the grain.


DSCN1590IMPRESSnograin by echoyjeff222, on Flickr


What haloing? How would I fix that? (what is it?)

and I tried to get the pastel colors LOL. Thanks for input :)
 
Last edited:
I was using the HDR effect in photoshop!

I'll check out that guide, thanks. If I don't have spot metering, do I just zoom in as far as I can to the highlights and shadows?
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom