Playing in the Hayfields

jaharris1001

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2 different conversions, which do you prefer ?

6.jpg

7.jpg

I like the second one more. I've worked in the fields and my memories of such scenes are of dry, dusty earth below with the sun baking the stubble. The light is intense, causing workers to develop wrinkles about the eyes and on the forehead from "sun squint." The second invokes this feeling of heat, bright light and dust. It looks like something Van Gogh could have painted.

thanks for looking and commenting everyone !! and thats a huge compliment there Actor !! I was kinda going for something along those lines here, like a painting of sorts or a story telling shot, I like how you can interpret many things in this shot, you dont know what she was doing or what she's looking for, and I like the leading lines in the hay too leading the eye back to the hill, thanks again !!

I LOVE this image! Nominated. (I prefer the first version, and that's the one I used for the nomination.)

Thanks for the nomination Federico !! much appreciated ! ! :thumbup:

I like the first for clarity but the second it brings back the my childhood days working on a farm during the holidays and just like Actor says It's dry and dusty and very bright on the eyes, well sometimes in Scotland it is.

i like the first one best too, but i'd try to do something with the dark patch up in the clouds (top right). I dunno what it is - or how to fix it for that matter - but it just kept catching my eye.

love the first shot!!!!!! that added contrast makes it soo much better!

Nice shots! I like them a lot. I like the first one better though. Good job. :)

Printed and hanging on a wall, I am thinking that #1 would work out great. But looking at them posted online, I prefer #2 to look at.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back