playing with color

Knopka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I couldn't decide if I wanted to make this image black and white or leave it in color. Here's what I ended up with.

MyPix03211.jpg

Hehee. This is funny. And quite a clever idea, I think. I like it. (I find this method interesting in so far as I am totally clueless as to how it is done! But I am clueless about all of Photoshop, too silly for it, I`m afraid).

I really like the setting for this effect but I think I'd have done it the other way round. Still think it's cool though. :thumbup:

Uselessdreamer1 said:
neet effect, but i love the fall colors. I bet the picture would be more gorgious then it is now with all color.

there you go, Uselessdreamer ;) - full color.

MyPix0321.jpg

LaFoto said:
Hehee. This is funny. And quite a clever idea, I think. I like it. (I find this method interesting in so far as I am totally clueless as to how it is done! But I am clueless about all of Photoshop, too silly for it, I`m afraid).

This was actually not done in Photoshop. I just found this picture processing program on the Google web site. It's called Picasa2. It's easy to use & gives you quite a few options on how to edit your photos.

Marctwo said:
I really like the setting for this effect but I think I'd have done it the other way round. Still think it's cool though. :thumbup:

I'm not sure how to do it the other way around! Can you tell me how would you go about it?

Thank you :)!

I love the fall colours! too bad we dont have them in India. Except in one part in the foothills of himalayas for like a kilometer! Will have to do with that. *sigh*

You have done a good job with the original photo spl since the colours seem a bit blown out at the top, so black and white works well, and the little bit of colour keeps the season alive. Perhaps you could try desaturating just a little bit less to keep some semblence of the colour instead of making it entirely black and white? Perhaps you have already tried that. How does it look.

Knopka said:
I'm not sure how to do it the other way around! Can you tell me how would you go about it?
I'm not sure what's available in Pacasa2. How did you determine which parts would be converted? Could you just invert the selection?

In PS you could use a B&W snapshot with the history brush to paint the parts you want converted. Or you could have a B&W version layered under a colour version and use the eraser. Or you could use the selection tools and only convert the selected parts.

There're really many ways to skin a cat. ;)

Knopka said:
only a female could ask this :lol:

it is a nice image though! i like the full color shot but applaud the original use of color in the first shot.

icondigital said:
only a female could ask this :lol:

English is my third language & sometimes I may write funny. That's why my American customers love me :greenpbl:.

Thanks for the comment ;)!

sanyukta sharma said:
I love the fall colours! too bad we dont have them in India. Except in one part in the foothills of himalayas for like a kilometer! Will have to do with that. *sigh*

You have done a good job with the original photo spl since the colours seem a bit blown out at the top, so black and white works well, and the little bit of colour keeps the season alive. Perhaps you could try desaturating just a little bit less to keep some semblence of the colour instead of making it entirely black and white? Perhaps you have already tried that. How does it look.

Did you mean something like this?

MyPix0321-2.jpg

Knopka said:
English is my third language & sometimes I may write funny. That's why my American customers love me :greenpbl:.

Thanks for the comment ;)!
didnt know about a language issue! sorry! :blushing:
i just thougt it was funny that you knew how to do the one section but not the reverse. :confused:
wasnt intending to be mean! :hail:

and it's still a great image!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back