What's new

Playing with my new IR filter

zombiemann

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
359
Reaction score
24
Location
Illinois
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know there is some "hot spotting" around the middle. I am not sure if this is because of my lens or filter. I'm using my kit 18-55mm that came with my T2i, and I have read where others have the same issue with this lens. On the other hand the filter is a cheapy 8 dollar job I picked up off of amazon. I'm on a fixed income at the moment and I just can't afford a Hoya right now.

$IR81212-1.webp

$IR81212-2.webp
 
I am not familiar with the equipment you are talking about but the most interesting part if this image for me is the sky.
 
Careful with filters. Your focus is off.
 
Careful with filters. Your focus is off.

Yea, thats been the tricky bit. It's an unconverted camera so the only method I have at my disposal is to focus then put the filter on. Sometimes I can see the Live View well enough to focus, but I can't count on being able to do that because glare makes it hard to see
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom