What's new

Playing with Strobes

jdsfighter

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
266
Reaction score
29
Location
Owasso, OK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tony and I were messing around with strobes, just experimenting, here's a couple nice outcomes.

600070_4230185190060_449672112_n.jpg


292409_4230162549494_946787107_n.jpg
 
In #2, the sharp contrast between the light of your neck/ear/finger is throwing me off
I agree. A slight turn of the head (to our left) would hide that ear and make it a better photo.

Looks like a fair amount of skin smoothing was applied for the 2nd one? I don't think that fits the mood of this photo. The lighting is bordering on extreme, it shows the texture and raw essence of the skin...so why kill that with processing?
 
In #2, the sharp contrast between the light of your neck/ear/finger is throwing me off
I agree. A slight turn of the head (to our left) would hide that ear and make it a better photo.

Looks like a fair amount of skin smoothing was applied for the 2nd one? I don't think that fits the mood of this photo. The lighting is bordering on extreme, it shows the texture and raw essence of the skin...so why kill that with processing?

Actually, the only processing at all used to smooth the skin was removing a single blemish on my forehead with the spot removal tool. Other than that, that's exactly how it came out, due to how we lit the picture, it removed a lot of light from the side of my face.
 
#1 -A really nice light setup, good job, great picture!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom