Please critique: Autumn in Holland

babzy22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi!

I have been out and about this weekend to shoot some nice autumn shots. These are some results. (more to come..)

Please tell me what you think!!

BosvanYpey-1-2.jpg

BosvanYpey-1-12.jpg

BosvanYpey-1-18.jpg

BosvanYpey-1-21.jpg

BosvanYpey-1-22.jpg

Nice subjects, focus is a bit soft on all of them and I think a few are slightly underexposed. Care to post the EXIF information?

Do you know how I can copy the EXIF info from Photoshop or Lightroom? I can find the info but am not able to select and copy it.

There isn't an easy way that I know of. Generally speaking the important pieces are ISO speed, shutter speed and aperture. All the other stuff isn't really necessary for a simple critique.

That I can do:D:

ISO: 100
Aperture: f/8,0
Shutterspeed: 1/400s

Aperture: f/3,5
Shutterspeed: 1/13s

Shutterspeed: 1/80s

Shutterspeed:1/10s

Aperture: f/3.5
Shutterspeed:1/400s

Ok this works, right off the bat I think you would have better photos if you would have bumped the ISO level up to AT LEAST 400. This would give you faster shutter speeds which will translate to a sharper image when hand holding.

A good rule in photography is when hand holding a shot never have your shutter speed slower than your focal length, so on the second image, you had a long exposure of 1/13th of a second, you would have needed a lens zoomed out to 13mm in order to minimize blur. If you are zoomed into say 100mm your shutter speed should be 1/100th of a second, or if you are zoomed into to 50mm your shutter speed should be at the slowest 1/50th of a second. I'm probably not explaining this well so google "Shutter speed rule of thumb"

One thing you do have working well here is your camera targeted the closest object to the lens, did you select the AF (auto focus) point or did you use macro mode?

I used the macro mode on my Olympus SP550 uz

I dont have a dSLR (yet) and I am noticing that this camera can not do what I want anymore.

Thanks for the comments!! I'll remember that rule of thumb for when I do have my dSLR ;)

I was hoping to see the Dutch countryside, one of my favourite places to visit on my motorbike everywhere i have been is so clean

Most reactions

New Topics

Back