please critique my photo

christen2484

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$305888_282532855093117_1662532315_n.jpg

Well..I can give you a composition critique. Great! The main subject...the motion of the belt...looks good. Exposure looks good as well.

Well, it takes the prize for the most unusal prop used in a materinity shot. That said, this does not work well in my opinion. You key light was too hot, and there's a strange, orange tone to her skin.

I'm not fond of the angle, nor the cropped posterior, and I would really reconsider the use of the lead-rope. I find that the use of the leather and the knot almost gives the image an S&M feel to it. If it's symbolic to the client, consider incorporating in an other way.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I agree with tirediron about the cropped posterior... it makes her look like she has toothpick legs. Also, the orange tone is a bit pronounced. However, I do like the angle and the lead rope. Also, I like the white and the jeans with her skin tone, and I think the leading lines work really well.

Knoxville Wedding Photographer

Thanks, the client is an avid horse rider and the shoot was held at her barn, this was an impulse prop.

Most reactions

Back