Please critique this n00b's shots!

infamousrenie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think they're pretty good shots myself. We were out on a play date with some friends of ours and I'm really proud of some of the shots I got! Now what should I do with them?

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

I'll throw the question back at you... what do YOU like about the images? What are you proud about?

They come off as great memories of a time spent playing in the water. But in terms of photography, they are very snapshot-ish. Images that are taken without much though or intent other than just capturing a moment.

Things are cutt off (kid's feet in one, guys body in another), angles are straight on, parts are out of focus (kid's face in 2), there is alot of empty space around the image that serves no real purpose other than cluttering things up, exposure in the kid's face in 3 is odd.

Not if you tell me that you shot all these in Manual mode so as to practice as you are used to shooting in auto, then I'd say you made some good steps and learning the craft. But other than that, again, they are great memories.

My buddy Big P there said it well. From photography point of view :) these are snapshots. Great memories, but thats about it.

A fill flash would have helped :)

Enjoy the memory and put them in a scrapbook.

Those little ones grow up too fast and keep on asking for $$. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back