please critique

christen2484

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$255342_473845989295135_594098831_n.jpg

Dear god no! It's out of focus, dark, the vignette is too much, and the selective color isn't enhancing the image at all.

What I see is:
Selective colouring on the flowers, which are somewhat blurred.
A heavy vignette.
The blurring of the right arm makes it look strange in comparision to the left, and given the position of the light source, it should appear brighter than the left, but it’s made much darker and less distinct.
The blur to the upper right of the flowers appears somewhat sloppy.
There is background detail visible on the left side of the person but not the right.
There appears to be either noise or texture over the entire image.
The shadow detail along the backbone is not very flattering.
From the shape and direction of the shadows, the light source appears to be camera right, positioned above the head level and relatively close to the person. It also does not appear to be a direct flash, which would give a crisper shadow, nor a modified flash, which would hive stronger contrast. So I’m guessing either incandescent light or fluorescent continuous light.
In addition to flowers being somewhat blurred, it’s hard to see where the zone of sharpest focus is located.

So my take on this is that you took the shot under ambient interior light, boosted the ISO to get a usable exposure (thereby increasing the noise visible), used a slow shutter (which contributed to the blurring of the flowers), and had a wide-open aperture (which contributed to the out-of-focus blur at the top of her dress) and were so focused on the flowers that you ignored the shadows on her back. In your post-processing, you blurred the background (but not completely), tried to adjust the exposure over the right arm (not sure why), and added the vignette. The selective colouring on the flowers is intended for us to see them (yes, we do), but there are just too many problems with the image for it to be a keeper.

u tried to achieve something different...but the mood u wanted to capture is not there...spine bone is distracting....rest what mommy medic explained!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back