TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Type of camera/lens/accesories : compact/dslr
Budget:Rm2000
Your Location: PERAK
Preferable brand : -
Type of photography u want to do : POTRAIT,SCENERY
Any specific models in mind? : olympus E-450, Lumix FZ35/FZ38 , canon G-11
Any specific features u want? : pictures must be good in dark and also bright area

please help. i'm in dilemma. dunno which to choose...

buy compact better or dslr better??

Compact/point and shoot won't push you further in photography! they are meant to be in your bag or pocket and you can just take them out and shoot! whereas a DSLR will force you to learn about photography and optics. so decide which one is your preference! i didn't understand what your budget is? so if decide to with point and shoot, stick to canon (ie G11), if you decide you want to go further into photography and get a DSLR then that is a whole different ball game. so whats you budget again?

Compact/point and shoot won't push you further in photography! they are meant to be in your bag or pocket and you can just take them out and shoot! whereas a DSLR will force you to learn about photography and optics. so decide which one is your preference! i didn't understand what your budget is? so if decide to with point and shoot, stick to canon (ie G11), if you decide you want to go further into photography and get a DSLR then that is a whole different ball game. so whats you budget again?

oh thank you. i'm a new user in photography tho. i mean usd700

I am 100% recommending the G11. I have been using a G9 for about a year and it is an amazing camera. I could rant and rave about specifics but in summary, the Canon G series is beyond worth the money to me. :thumbup:

I am 100% recommending the G11. I have been using a G9 for about a year and it is an amazing camera. I could rant and rave about specifics but in summary, the Canon G series is beyond worth the money to me. :thumbup:

the photo quality for dark places/low lighting is it good enough? i mean like no noises.

When it comes to low noise then you have to go with higher end dslr, for your price range the best DSLR i would recommend is the Nikon D5000! so if you go the dslr way look into it!

Go DSLR, you wont regret it.

You can buy Nikon D40's on ebay for around 300-400$. Dont waste your money on a P&S and then realize you want a DSLR. PLUNGE! :lol:

Most reactions

Back