Please Help! Lens problem

WhyNotMe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello. So I am currently on a road trip from New Jersey to Washington state, and then to Yellowstone National Park where I will be working for the summer. Yesterday I was taking some pictures in "The Badlands", SD and was having no problems. Though there was dust blowing around a lot. But I made sure to keep my lens cover on and to keep my camera safe (i thought). It still seemed fine when I left, but then we traveled to Mt. Rushmore. When I went to use my camera there I found that it was really hard to focus my camera. It still works, but requires much more force than it should to turn the focus. Is there anything I can do to clean/fix it? Thanks!!

P.S. I will be posting my "good" road trip photos when i get to Yellowstone.

There may be a repair man in Rapid City. Otherwise, west of there, Billings, MT should have one and I remember one, years ago, in Casper, WY.

Don't force the focus, unless you want to chance damaging the focus mechanism.

Is it a manual focus lens? Is it an auto focus lens that has a focus motor in it? Is it a auto focus lens with no focus motor in it? Is it a zoom lens or a prime lens?

It is a regular 35mm-50mm lens. It is autofocus, i believe with a motor, but i dont know how to tell the dif. Its a nikkor lens if that helps. And I double checked to make sure the AF switch was on manual.

It is a regular 35mm-50mm lens. It is autofocus, i believe with a motor, but i dont know how to tell the dif. Its a nikkor lens if that helps. And I double checked to make sure the AF switch was on manual.
I too would strongly suggest you find a real camera store like Pgeobc suggested, and have them check it out for you.

Most reactions

Back