Please help, lost inspiration

Noxire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone

I love photography more than anything else and I've spend easily 10 h each week reading/doing. But recently it has come to a standstill... thats because the temp is -10 C° and it is snowing like ****
I shoot mainly landscape/nature but i hate the winter and i cant drag myself outside to shoot anymore. I've lost track, It's not that Im bored of photography its just that i hate winter and snow.

So now i ask you my fellow photographers please give me some tips on what to shoot (kudos if its doable inside). Links to guides and such are greatly encouraged.

Thanks,
Johannes

Water droplets. Everybody has done/or will do this. It's simple it's doable inside with proper lighting. Try anything inside that will capture your eye. Light painting for example. Set up your basement and go crazy! Have fun with it.

A fun suggestion, that I have yet to do, is to lock yourself in the bathroom and take 100 pictures.

That's your choices!

Toughen Up and get out there and capture the Winter Beauty.
Or stay indoors and increase your subject matter beyond just Wildlife and Landscapes.

Staged Static Still life shots of endless objects and new ways to capture them flash,available light,etc... More indoors shots of windows,doors,hallways,etc.. with or without people. Covering everything from the mundane of life to trappings of our abodes! Don't feel like shooting Fine! then spend some time on learning new things in post processing. Go thru your library and re-look at your images. Some there that may look better in B&W?...Custom Presets? or learning a new way to apply tools to optimize images? Come On there is only one reason for a slump No motivation. And sometimes that is valid and a break from photography is needed to go out and do something else to recharge oneself. And then come back to it recharged and refreshed.

But don't put limits on your photography by past actions. Take a risk and go outside anyways or open up your horizons and try a kind of shooting you have never tried before.

Expand by shooting at really fast speeds. Colors against white snow...atheletes...sharp action....blurred action...downhill skiing. -or- get the basement set up and start shooting portraits.

Thanks for the suggestions :D

I'm going to be shooting lots of indoors i guess ;) The suggestions of doing other stuff than photography was not really what i looked for though (pp and such), its not that im tired of photographing I just needed inspiration.

There is nothing really that i dislike as much as snow and cold weather, shame i live in a country with 5-6 months of it.

And what the hell am i doing here now? I'm of to some photography!

Thanks guys/gals, really thank you :)

For me, I actually force my creativity to the next level when I have to take shots inside... Lately, I've been trying to do work with shadow manipulation and things like that... It has proven to be challenging, but fun. Give it a shot!

It's all perfectly normal - you are not alone:

zarias.com :: The blog of editorial photographer Zack Arias Transform :: A short film for ScottKelby.com

Sometimes we are so eager and so enthralled with a new skill/hobby/interest that we overdo it - we overload ourselves to the point where we grow sick/bored/frustrated with it. At that time I often think its time to put one interest to one side for a little while and focus one something fresh - this might be something totally new or going back to a former interest for a while. That gives you a little "breather" and soon enough you'll be back at the photography.

get some affordable flash/light modifier and start shooting people! :D:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back