Please help me buy a camera

Taylorismyname

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I own a Kodak C180 EasyShare 10.2 Megapixels. I want to buy a new camera. Actually I am from an Asian country and I am here in the US for like 4 months. I want to take photos as I travel. I will be visiting Montgomery, Florida, Atlanta, Washington DC and New York. The camera I own does not tale good quality photographs. Especially I feel I look so darker in photos. I am really DUMB when it comes to appliances and their technical stuff. I want to buy a camera for following purposes.

1. Taking photos of some indoor university programs
2. Taking outdoor photos in my campus
3. Taking photos in parks, museums and recreational spots that I have planned to visit
4. I don't want professional photos nor I will ever print any photo. I just need camera to get photos and upload on Facebook and show my friends and family back home

So, which camera should I buy within range 100-150 $.
I just did a lot of research but I don't understand how the specifications will relate to my simple requirements and limited budget.

Nikon coolpix point and shoot

I think you just need a basic digital camera for what you need. Just read the manual so you can use it to the best of its capabilities. That'll make a big difference in quality.

Last edited:
use the camera you have. You wont really get anything better for that price.

Use your smart phone and save your $$$

Use the iPhone 4 or 4s, if you want something better, consider Canon S100, even better? Canon G1X or Nikon D5100. Even better? Nikon D7000. Still craving for more? Nikon D4.

Use the iPhone 4 or 4s, if you want something better, consider Canon S100, even better? Canon G1X or Nikon D5100. Even better? Nikon D7000. Still craving for more? Nikon D4.

It doesn't help anything if you don't read the post.

ALL of those options are out of the OP's price range. Even the iPhone 4 with a two year contract!

Taylor, you're going to enjoy Florida. Leave your coat in DC =)

You're not going to get a dramatically better camera in your price range. If you'd be happy with a minor-moderate upgrade, take a look at the PowerShot A3300. If you have room to expand your budget, take a look at the Canon S95 or S100.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back