please help me decide

wellllllllll i know it;s mothers day, but i got myself a little something...lol

i finally decided on the D40 based on lots of information from here and price.

we went to bestbuy today to exchange my wifes mothersday ipod for a different color, and during that time i got into a conversation with the camera guy there. (i know...a lot of people avoid these stores like the plague...).
it seems they are having a package special this week.
D40 with 18-55 lens, for 499...for 100 more, they throw in the 55-200 lens. both lenses are nikkor af-s. so i added 1 UV filter, and a 2gig extremeIII SD card. oh, i also added a 2 year replacement warranty for 69.99 that covers anything including routine maintenance, batteries, and drops (i have a 5yo, so you never know :D)
so all that, out the door (in beautiful tax-free NH) for 714.99. this may be a decent price...im hoping. but part of the reason for doing it, is that they are offering 18mo financing on it for 0 interest...so my plan is to pay $350 off next week, and if i cant come up with $364.99 in 18 months, then i have more problems than i thought. :)

i've been using it since i brought it home, and although it;s not a crazy pro model...it seems to fit my needs flawlessly.
im so used to a terribly long shutter delay on my sony that this is a much welcomed improvement.

needless to say, im totally thrilled, and am so glad that people here opened my eyes to the disaster that could have been, had i used that bunk site listed in my previous posts.

sorry for the dissertation, but im totally stoked, and want to pass on the info bestbuy is offering in case anyone needs a push to DLSR world. :D

oh, and i gave my sony DSC-S75 to my 5yo, and he;s having a blast...quite the shutter bug...he;s already taken over 200 pics (we'll see what they look like...lol)

yay D40!

biscuit.

eeek
those ratings are garbage...
i wonder how my friend had such luck...i am well aware that i could very well be dealing in gray market goods, but like i said in the original post...budget is KEY...but certainly not worth getting ripped off.
if you wanna save a few bucks adorama has been selling D40 refurbs for $399-$429 with the 18-55 kit lens. they are definitely reputable. and yeah, the D40 is a great camera. i recently purchased one like a month after buying my rebel xti and i haven't touched my xti since.

D70:

As cheap or cheaper then the d40 (used)
Larger body overall better feel, better button layout--less menu hunting.
Same picture quality and resolution as the d40
AF motor

Most reactions

New Topics

Back