sarahkate
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Aug 17, 2011
- Messages
- 44
- Reaction score
- 1
Hello. First off sorry for the long post.
Im new around here, however Ive been reading previous posts and researching
DSLRs for the past month. At one point it felt like my head was going to
explode with all the choices but Ive narrowed it down. Nikon D90 or Canon T1i.
This will be my first DSLR camera. I plan to use the camera for taking
pictures of my newborn and our family, along with landscapes and scenery. Thus
far Ive been the store and have held both cameras, based off paper both
cameras seem very comparable despite a few differences. Im leaning toward the
D90 because it seems a little more advanced over the T1i. Also the D90 felt
solid when I held it in the store, although I dont really want to go off how
they felt I want to make sure Im getting the right one based off my needs and
plans for the future.
Heres what Im thinking for both, Id really appreciate it if someone with
the experience and knowledge could recommend what sounds be best for me. Or if
neither of these plans sound right Im open to others!
For the D90 Ill buy the 50mm 1.8 lens. Since the body seems more advanced
than the T1i Im thinking its something I could grow with therefore I wouldnt
have to upgrade bodies for a long time (5 years or longer). Overtime I could
focus on getting some decent glass (just not right away hence the 50mm 1.8).
T1i I would buy the 50mm 1.4 lens. Again I would focus on getting some decent
glass for the next few years then upgrade to a professional grade body (2-3
years)
I found the D90 $600 body only used on craigslist, or $650 refurbished from
adorama. T1i used on craigslist for $400 or $500 on craigslist with a 50mm 1.8,
or $540 refurbished kit from adorama.
Im thinking ahead because photography is a huge passion of mine even with my
little Nikon L100 point and shoot. Im dreaming big, but someday Id like to
hope my pictures are good enough to be worth something. Thanks for reading!
Sarah
Im new around here, however Ive been reading previous posts and researching
DSLRs for the past month. At one point it felt like my head was going to
explode with all the choices but Ive narrowed it down. Nikon D90 or Canon T1i.
This will be my first DSLR camera. I plan to use the camera for taking
pictures of my newborn and our family, along with landscapes and scenery. Thus
far Ive been the store and have held both cameras, based off paper both
cameras seem very comparable despite a few differences. Im leaning toward the
D90 because it seems a little more advanced over the T1i. Also the D90 felt
solid when I held it in the store, although I dont really want to go off how
they felt I want to make sure Im getting the right one based off my needs and
plans for the future.
Heres what Im thinking for both, Id really appreciate it if someone with
the experience and knowledge could recommend what sounds be best for me. Or if
neither of these plans sound right Im open to others!
For the D90 Ill buy the 50mm 1.8 lens. Since the body seems more advanced
than the T1i Im thinking its something I could grow with therefore I wouldnt
have to upgrade bodies for a long time (5 years or longer). Overtime I could
focus on getting some decent glass (just not right away hence the 50mm 1.8).
T1i I would buy the 50mm 1.4 lens. Again I would focus on getting some decent
glass for the next few years then upgrade to a professional grade body (2-3
years)
I found the D90 $600 body only used on craigslist, or $650 refurbished from
adorama. T1i used on craigslist for $400 or $500 on craigslist with a 50mm 1.8,
or $540 refurbished kit from adorama.
Im thinking ahead because photography is a huge passion of mine even with my
little Nikon L100 point and shoot. Im dreaming big, but someday Id like to
hope my pictures are good enough to be worth something. Thanks for reading!
Sarah