Please help me to find a printer

marmo242

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We want to buy an A3 photo printer but also want to see it demonstrated before we part with our money. Can anyone suggest a dealer who will demonstrate Canon, Epson and HP printers, or any other makes that you can recommend? We live in Stoke-on-Trent, UK but have easy access to Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham. We are also looking for good technical knowledge about cost-effectiveness, the pros and cons of pigment versus dye sublimation etc.

Why dont you go to Electronic shops or print stores and ask them to let you see an example...

Here across the pond we have dedicated computer stores and office supply stores that shell printers. They all have printers set up ready to print so you can see the results. Don't know if you have the same kind of stores, but if so they would be a great place to try.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately our similar stores carry hardly any A3 printers. In the current climate they are loathe to get in more expensive models which appeal to fewer customers. They will get stuff in for you - but often only one brand. Hence my appeal for help. We will be in Denver at the end of Sept - can you name the stores we should look for? Our knowledge only extends as far as Best Buy! Thanks again.

Thanks for your reply. We have been to stores but unfortunately they carry hardly any A3 photo printers. In the current climate they are loathe to get in more expensive models which appeal to fewer customers. They will get stuff in for you - but often only one brand. What are the names of the stores which you know? We might not have been there. Thanks again.

I am not sure about the Denver area. But as for Best Buy they do list on their web site an Epson 1900. This is a very good A-3 size printer with their better ink system. About $550 US. Not sure what your price range is. There is a rebate but not being from the US not sure it would apply to you. But it's $150 off a 1900.

Best Buy also lists Epson 1400 (A-3 as well) for $300 us. I have no experience with this printer. The one thing I believe is a disadvantage is it uses a single color cartridge. So, if one color runs out you have to replace the whole cartridge. With the 1900 and above. They use individual cartridges and only have to change when they are out of ink.

As for longevity I have a 9 year old Epson 1270 that is still going strong. And have had an Epson 2400 for 4.5 years now. So, I feel comfortable saying they last awhile.

Thanks for your reply. We have been to stores but unfortunately they carry hardly any A3 photo printers. In the current climate they are loathe to get in more expensive models which appeal to fewer customers. They will get stuff in for you - but often only one brand. What are the names of the stores which you know? We might not have been there. Thanks again.

Denver Tech Center, 8000 East Quincy Avenue, Denver, CO 80237
Micro Center Denver

Office Depot, Office Max, Staples. There are probably others. When you get to Denver check the Yellow Pages in the phone book

Ah, be very very carefull if you go into Micro Center. You will leave broke as there is so much to buy there.

Looks like they are currently selling the Epson 1400 for less than Best Buy which is no suprise. But they also carry a better printer than the Epson 1900. And that is the Epson 2880. That is basically the newer version of my current one. And one I would buy if I needed to get a new one. But of course more expensive. About $800.

But if you want to go to the MECA of all that is computer. Go to Micro Center. But be warned. You may not be able to leave with money in your wallet! And a car load of stuff.

I highly suggest you skip Best Buy and plan a trip to Micro Center instead. If you need anything computer it will be there (anything!!).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back