Please help me win photo contest with your votes

Who. Cares. Vote for the photo or don't. Way to take an opportunity to welcome someone into this so-called "community" and turn it into the usual mob-lead finger-wagging brigade.
Hey, look who just showed up! They guy who greeted me with insults when I first joined.

Oh, the irony.

:D

I'll sit back and wait for you to produce this mystery thread. . .

I know exactly the thread. And I didn't even post in it!:lmao:

About as lame as you bitching and moaning about the bitching and moaning in this thread. Who. Cares. I shouldn't have replied, cause now it looks like I do:meh:
He got what he wanted, he started a fight.

Hey, look who just showed up! They guy who greeted me with insults when I first joined.

Oh, the irony.

:D

It's no mystery to me, nor is it to you I suspect. Forgive me if I don't spend time digging through the archives refreshing your memory.

You have less than a year of posting history. Surely it can't be so difficult to find this mystery thread. Especially considering you seem to know exactly the thread it occurred in. I mean I'm not going to hold my breath because this is the tactic of a liar, but it wouldn't be so difficult to shut me up if you could trot this insult laden introduction out.

It's no mystery to me, nor is it to you I suspect. Forgive me if I don't spend time digging through the archives refreshing your memory.

You have less than a year of posting history. Surely it can't be so difficult to find this mystery thread. Especially considering you seem to know exactly the thread it occurred in. I mean I'm not going to hold my breath because this is the tactic of a liar, but it wouldn't be so difficult to shut me up if you could trot this insult laden introduction out.

I'm pretty sure if I can remember the particular thread, so can you.

You're such a drama queen. You know damn well we had a nice long flame war when I first got here thanks to you making an insulting post to me. Shocking, I know. It's so out of character for you as evidenced by your appearance in this thread.

If it's so important to you, which it's not because you know you're wrong, go look for it. It was you being an instigator much like you are here now.

The only reason you showed up in this thread was to start yet another flame war. You feed off conflict.

It took all of 3 seconds to search your posting history, and find the threads you've started. It took another 10 seconds to find the first instance (one of many) of you becoming overly defensive at the comments of another poster. You weren't insulted. You simply perceived yourself being insulted. Just as you have a perception now, of being personally grieved.

You really should relax. The world will be a more enjoyable (and less expensive) place.

Who. Cares. Vote for the photo or don't. Way to take an opportunity to welcome someone into this so-called "community" and turn it into the usual mob-lead finger-wagging brigade.
The use of "community" in quotes is a direct reference to my post.

Grow up ANDS!, seriously. Surely you have something more pressing to do. Kicking your dog or something, perhaps.

I'm done being sucked in by your sophomoric posts. I should have known better than to give you what you wanted by responding to your post in the first place.

You REALLY took that as a personal insult to you? Are you kidding? No. You aren't. I went through that little upgrade thread of yours, and you personally took offense to EVERY poster who cautioned you against upgrade fever. . .

So, physician, heal thyself.

The original comment stands. No "community" would harangue someone for so-called improper posting habits - they would attempt to correct the persons behavior, not run them off. Good job on that.

The original comment stands. No "community" would harangue someone for so-called improper posting habits - they would attempt to correct the persons behavior, not run them off. Good job on that.

actually you say that but with the number of vote and win comeptitions and the number of people who do surf through as many photo forums as they can asking for votes I am seeing more and more general disliking toward such people - in a similar way to that of spam bots.
Heck when they first started cropping up most people tried to accept them - but honestly when someone registers on lets say 6-12 forums to help get votes even if they wish to most will not be able to be active on many of them.

I have my own views on this as well -but honestly the thread is leaving that whole topic behind ...

Sorry, but that's not what happened. Unfortunately for you there is a pesky history of what was typed in this thread. Here, let me help you.

My first post in this thread:

Here's the problem maxpixel, you've come into our community and right of the bat asked us to do you a favor. You're not contributing to our community, you've only appeared to take advantage of it. At least that's probably how your post is being taken.

This is a community. It's not just a bunch of faceless robots sitting here typing. We have worked to build our community and our own personal standing within our community. I would suggest you find a photography board that you call home, contribute to it, and when you have a future favor to ask, I'm sure they'll be willing to help out.

Also know you're not the first to do what you're doing. That's another reason your post isn't being warmly received. Periodically we'll get such drive-by's and the posters never return. Such behavior tends to jade the regular users of the forum.

I would stop finding random photography forums asking for people to vote for your image(s). It often times has the opposite effect and you wind up angering people who then vote for your competition. A new strategy is in order. :)

Good luck with your contest.

I decided to help you with some highlights.

It's a polite explanation as to why he his post wasn't being warmly received. I gave him a solid assessment of why people were saying what they were saying, and even gave him sound advice about his actions and how they might have the opposite effect.

Not once did I insult him, talk down to him or otherwise "wag my finger". If you can find a single flaw in my assessment of the forums reaction to his post, please, highlight it.

Meanwhile, you sit there pretending as though you're on some high horse after popping in to insult everyone with your "finger wagging brigade" comment.

This is your typical non-sense I'm afraid.

Now, if you have something to say that isn't an insult to everyone else in this thread, please, share it. Otherwise, your only purpose here is to rebel rouse and to create conflict.

And to that I say good. I hope the spammer never returns.

Sure. But I lump this behavior in with pretty much all of the mob-rule that seems to have gripped this site (and sadly many others). There's just no point to it. The best way to discourage the activity is to simply ignore it. It really does work. Posting about how a poster SHOULD behave is silly, especially when theres nothing in the "rules" stating that someone can't register for the sole purpose of drumming up support for their work.

In any case, as human beings we are less likely to respond to the hand, than we are to a well considered word. The "point" would have been driven home far more effective had any of the naysayers been able to explain to the OP why such behavior was frowned upon, instead of tossing out derisive one liners and criticisms.

Not once did I insult him -

What a well written response. . .to a claim that wasn't made. Again. Great work as usual Tharm.

You REALLY took that as a personal insult to you? Are you kidding? No. You aren't.
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you always put "community" in quotes. Who else used the word "community" in this thread? Why would you put it in quotes if it weren't in direct reference to my use of the word since I was the only one to use it? Humm?

So, physician, heal thyself.
Pot, meet kettle.

Not once did I insult him -
What a well written response. . .to a claim that wasn't made. Again. Great work as usual Tharm.
Nice selective cropping as usual.

Not once did I insult him, talk down to him or otherwise "wag my finger". If you can find a single flaw in my assessment of the forums reaction to his post, please, highlight it.

No where did I say you accused me of that, I simply said I didn't do it which would have ran him off. The only quote in that sentence is the "wag my finger" phrase, which is something you accused me (us) of.

Ooops.

You really don't play your game of semantics all that well my friend.

Most reactions

Back