Please help photo issues?

I suggest you copy a file from the laptop to a thumbdrive and then open that file on the desktop.
Then copy it to the HDD and look at it again.

It's important to pin down where in the chain the files become unreadable.

Are these raw files or jpgs?

Last edited:
I suggest you copy a file from the laptop to a thumbdrive and then open that file on the desktop.
Then copy it to the HDD and look at it again.

It's important to pin down where in the chain the files become unreadable.

Are these raw files or jpgs?
I will have to try that I, never tried to put them back on to the thumb drive and open on the laptop. These are all RAW and jpg's that it is doing it to. Because in one of my examples the one that is perfectly correct has the bridge in the background that was jpg. Then the same photo (RAW) was imported into Lightroom an then turned the complete green.

DESKTOP
Ok from the beginning.
I take a picture I use a 16gig sd card.
Insert that card into the desktop through its multi-card reader.
I then store them in an external HD through usb so I don't take up tons of space each being stored in a certain file.
I then take the photos and import them into LR 5.

LAPTOP
From the beginning.
I take a picture with the camera.
Insert the sd card into sd card reader built into the laptop.
Through usb the photos are transferred to the external HD.
I then plug that HD into the desktop to find them messed up as well.

All card readers are built in.

Never hook the camera up to computers via usb cable. I have always used the cards in the card readers.

Try connecting the camera to the desktop since that is the one you are having issues with and transferring the photos that way NOT using the built in card reader.

It is possible the card reader that is built in is not transferring files correctly and thus corrupting them.

That was no luck either, still opened up in the computer like others have.

So you have LR installed on the desktop and the laptop and they each have their own catalog ? The LR catalog isn't on the external hard drive that you keep moving back and forth is it ?

Most reactions

Back