Please help...picture sizing

chris182

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been having a confusing problem....I thought it was the way I was cropping so I went as far as not cropping and still have the same problem.....when I print a 4 x 6 its fine but as I got up in size, expecially to 8 x 10 ALOT of the picture is being cut out. Just wondering if its something I have set wrong in the camera or....?? I am editing in Photoshop Elements 8 and like I said I even tried it not cropping the photo and still had the same outcome. This may be a dumb question but it has me stumped.

I have been having a confusing problem....I thought it was the way I was cropping so I went as far as not cropping and still have the same problem.....when I print a 4 x 6 its fine but as I got up in size, expecially to 8 x 10 ALOT of the picture is being cut out. Just wondering if its something I have set wrong in the camera or....?? I am editing in Photoshop Elements 8 and like I said I even tried it not cropping the photo and still had the same outcome. This may be a dumb question but it has me stumped.
A 4x6 is not the same shape as an 8x10.

The 4x6's long side is longer relative to it's short side than the 8x10's.

It's called the 'aspect ratio. a 4x6 is a 3:2 aspect ratio and an 8x10 is a 5:4 aspect ratio. A 4x6 enlarges to an 8x12, so you must crop the long side of a 4x6 to make it a 4x5, then it can be enlarged to 8x10.

And 5x7 is another aspect ratio - 7:5

AspectRatio.jpg

Most reactions

Back