Please help.. Unhappy client

Pretty obvious case of libel. It is illegal for her to act like this, and like other have said, while you may not want to actually go through with a lawsuit, you do probably have a very strong case with so much written and stored evidence of you indeed trying to contact her. And strong cases = the basis for very intimidating letters on lawyer stationary, that may be sufficient to simply get her to stop and maybe even post a retraction or two out of fear. Without you necessarily having to put much real effort in at all, or money.

Did you have a model release and contract signed by chance? If so, does that contract say no money owed? I would be posting that on my FB page to show that you DID NOT charge her. People like this make me want to vomit. ALWAYS get a contract even if there is no money exchanged!

If the OP doesn't have a contract, neither does the other person. It's important to remember that.

Personally, I think you should delete every photo you took of her pointed-headed little rug rat and deny ever seeing it. Offer to produce the photos as soon as the other person produces a copy of the contract, written by you, that you both signed. Defend yourself. Go to every webpage, Facebook page, forum, etc, where the person made those accusations and call her out on them.

Put up or shut up...

Last edited:
Facebook is destroying humanity faster than heart disease

My kittie album on FB only has 94 pictures of my cats...should I add more?

My kittie album on FB only has 94 pictures of my cats...should I add more?

A buddy of mine in Miami made a Facebook page for his Bichon Frise, and then sent out friend requests for it.

I declined it.

I just don't understand why someone would do that...

You should be a better buddy and take him outside every now and again...

You should be a better buddy and take him outside every now and again...

No, I hate little yappy dogs like that.

Besides, any dog that doesn't come up to your knee is a cat...

You wouldnt like my dogs, but they would tackle an dog twice their size and any cat would be dead in seconds

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

If the OP doesn't have a contract, neither does the other person. It's important to remember that.

Personally, I think you should delete every photo you took of her pointed-headed little rug rat and deny ever seeing it. Offer to produce the photos as soon as the other person produces a copy of the contract, written by you, that you both signed. Defend yourself. Go to every webpage, Facebook page, forum, etc, where the person made those accusations and call her out on them.

Put up or shut up...

..bing!!

All the above is a good suggestion. Unfortunately the damage is done. I say lay low and relaunch your brand under a diff name and try a diff market.

I'm just trying to figure out how the OP took pictures w/out any sort of model release/contract that DIDN'T list the clients name/address. Before I would ever click the shutter, the contract is signed, 'free' pictures or not. That being said, the 'client' has moved beyond disappointment, and into libel. I would consult with an attorney, not one on the internet. If money is tight, as around at your local church or house of worship. There is always one attorney in the mix. Ask if you can get a 'sidebar' consultation and BRIEFLY lay out the issue. Leave out all the emotional stuff, it's neither relevant or helpful. I did XX, and was met with XXX. They will give you and idea of what you can do. Small claims court would be a good option. However, to prove damages you will need to quantify how the false information has harmed your business. As in "I think it's affected my business" isn't a winning argument.

It sounds like you've found a real winner. Good luck.

All the above is a good suggestion. Unfortunately the damage is done. I say lay low and relaunch your brand under a diff name and try a diff market.

The damage is only done if she allows it to remain so.

Her name will always be associated with whatever business name she chooses. If someone wrongly attacks her, "laying low" is the equivalent of "running away". Do that, and everyone will conclude that what's being said is true.

No, she needs to defend herself and turn the tables...

I'm new, just joined, was looking through some posts and came across this. Couldn't help to reply. Hope this is the correct way to reply to the OP. Anyway, I didn't read all the replies of course, but from the OP I suspect that this might be another photographer (especially if the person lives in the area) and she basically set you u, took advantage of the whole "building the business / building portfolio/ no contract needed" situation and used it in her advantage . So sad. I really have no advice, but I wish you resolve this. It must be so frustrating to be going through this as a professional and as another mom trying to build your business.

Most reactions

Back