Please help with photos from my trip to the marsh.

Mikhal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to the marsh today for the first time. It started off as a nice sunny day but soon it degenerated into a very windy(20-25mph) and cloudy day with off and on snow squalls. These were all taken with my d3400 70-300mm lens. Any comments or tips would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone know what type of goose the white goose is?

What could I have done to make the images more crisp under these conditions?

geese0707.jpg

geese0742.jpg

geese0751.jpg

mammoth0682.jpg

tree0706.jpg

white goose0690.jpg

whitegoose0686.jpg

Last edited:
Domestic/Canada hybrid goose?

The only thing I can find on google is that it may be a hybrid between a Canada goose and a Bar-headed goose, but none of the images really match. It was the only one that I saw in the marsh, all the other geese were of the Canada variety.

In the first two, you have images of Canada Geese - singular Canada Goose. The third one and the last two are unknown to me, but are probably hybrids of some sort, perhaps a Canada Goose - Snow Goose hybrid. Check this out for comparison - Canada Goose x Snow Goose | Hybrid birds | Flickr . Hope this helps.

WesternGuy

In the first two, you have images of Canada Geese - singular Canada Goose. The third one and the last two are unknown to me, but are probably hybrids of some sort, perhaps a Canada Goose - Snow Goose hybrid. Check this out for comparison - Canada Goose x Snow Goose | Hybrid birds | Flickr . Hope this helps.

WesternGuy

It does help thank you, between your link and finding something obscure on the Marsh's Facebook page it is in fact a Snow goose X Canada goose.

Nice shots! When shooting telephoto, light can be a real PITA on an overcast day. I had trouble just the other day with some of my pics that came out underexposed, I was thinking I should've increased the ISO since I couldn't open the aperture any more or slow down the shutter speed. My bad for not developing the habit of checking all my pics right after I take them and making adjustments on the fly. I can't say with certainty that that would've actually helped, I will have to test that to find out for sure. Seems logical anyway.

Nice shots! When shooting telephoto, light can be a real PITA on an overcast day. I had trouble just the other day with some of my pics that came out underexposed, I was thinking I should've increased the ISO since I couldn't open the aperture any more or slow down the shutter speed. My bad for not developing the habit of checking all my pics right after I take them and making adjustments on the fly. I can't say with certainty that that would've actually helped, I will have to test that to find out for sure. Seems logical anyway.

Thanks! That will be something that I will look into doing as well. I know the wind was horrible, some of the gusts would shove me enough that things would be out of the shot.

WesternGuy

It does help thank you, between your link and finding something obscure on the Marsh's Facebook page it is in fact a Snow goose X Canada goose.
Thanks for the verification. Nice to know what these somewhat "strange" looking birds are.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back