please post!! f/1.7

Fleacz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys, i've been wanting to buy a nice pancake style lens with f/1.7 and i just wanted to see if you guys had some picture to share (shallow depth of field pics only). thanks :D

For what camera?

it doesnt matter what camera or lens, just any picture with shallow depth of field (that you took and not something from google images). i just wanted to see what you guys had to share.

I've got some DOF test shots, but they're only through-the-viewfinder. [Just test shots from my camcorder, going to get some film soon.]

Shot using a Canon FL 50mm 1:1.8 [Only .1 from what you ask, so whatever. :p]
Brief.jpg

Tap.jpg

V1.jpg

V2.jpg

V4.jpg

Last edited:
f/2.5

lol%2Bphotos-5826.jpg

f/1.4

Fryeburg%2BFair-6909.jpg

f/2

At%2Bthe%2Bcamp-6651.jpg

All shot at 85mm on a full frame, because I can't take the 85 f/1.4 off my camera.

The only pancake I know of with a max aperture of f/1.7 is the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7....

ya thats the new lens im going to get for my camera. i'm pretty anxious to test out the f/1.7 :D

i like the pics you guys are posting! im getting a feel for what my shots are gonna look like with f/1.7

The only pancake I know of with a max aperture of f/1.7 is the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7....

ya thats the new lens im going to get for my camera. i'm pretty anxious to test out the f/1.7 :D

i like the pics you guys are posting! im getting a feel for what my shots are gonna look like with f/1.7

Well, they're going to look a lot different than the photos that I posted. 20mm is a much shorter focal length than 85, and that plays quite a role in depth of field. Your lens will be best suited for shooting in low light situations while you're shooting hand held.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back