Please recommend a book about lighting technics

Would anyone possibly know of the title of an in-depth book about light related to photography, I think it was written in the 1950s-1960s? Actually, I've already read it (back in the late 1980s/early 1990s), but I can't recall the name of it. I found it at the local library, but they didn't keep records of books checked-out back then (or didn't transfer them to their new system, anyway), and I didn't find anything in their current catalog that resembles it. The text was fairly long and technical, and I recall that it had very few pictures, but it gave a very good insight to the behavior of light for the photographer.
This is kind-of a stab in the dark (no pun . . .), but perhaps one of the old-timers might recall reading it. If so, could you please post the name of any book that might come to mind?
Thanks,
Frank

I really enjoyed "The Hot Shoe Diaries" by Joe McNally. Lots of good off camera lighting tips and techniques there.

Right now I'm reading a Dean Collins book, "Photographic Global Notes - Volumes 1 & 2", and it's fantastic with the interesting ways some top photographers deal with lighting.

This thread died a natural death 2 years ago. :lmao:

As mentioned, today you would want to get:

Light: Science and Magic, An Introduction To Photographic Lighting by Fil Hunter.

This thread died a natural death 2 years ago. :lmao:

As mentioned, today you would want to get:

Light: Science and Magic, An Introduction To Photographic Lighting by Fil Hunter.
OFFS! :taped sh:

Light, Science and Magic!

It is somewhat dry, but this is the technical side of photography. This is an explanation of how light behaves and how to harness it for creative ends. Without light there is no photography. If you want it enough the book won't seem so dry. You should be jumping out of your skin to be learn these truths of photography. Your photography will forever be changed.

Most reactions

Back