please share all opinions and advice

raerae25122

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
nikonsnaps427.jpg

nikonsnaps423.jpg

nikonsnaps418.jpg

nikonsnaps421.jpg

Interesting perspectives. They're OK I guess, but then I have to admit I'm not a fan of B/W photos. Imo the important thing is: did you achieve what you set out to, with those photos? Only you can answer that.

Sorry but nothing really caught my eye. The bikes were the only things that were remotely interesting to me. Try having a more clear subject in the photos. They currently look like random junk, no offense intended. They may catch someone elses eye.

As sultan stated, they all seem to lack a main subject. What I would suggest is pick one subject and practice with it to become more familiar with the rules of composition.

I don't really understand why the latest technology which has the ability to reproduced millions of colours in an instant being used for something that dispossable cameras can do. We all can see that flower pot and the shovel in the garden is the first one to cheer us - the viewers.

Call me the odd one out but I actually love these. I love how you have framed your shots., the angle you chose and how you are looking through the lens.

Your work in a weird way reminds me of my own. I couldn't say it in so many words, as i'm off to bed but you will look at my work and say "huh?" but its not the subject matter, its how you APPROACH whatever the subject is.

I think they all need some GOOD post processing done. The b&w's are muddy and need some boost. The colors need some saturation. Keep shooting, and show some fixed ones of these. I'd be interested.

As stated already, these pictures, as a whole, lack a sense of focus/main subject. Basically, there's just too much going on in the pictures, they're too busy.

Individually:
1. Lacks contrast. The tire seems to blend in with the hay. Perhaps a different angle or some PP?

2. Liking the composition and contrast with the white tire. However, a tighter crop would have made more impact.

3. Pot is blown out. Again, a tighter crop would have been nice.

4. My eyes want to see the mailbox with the numbers, but it's the mailbox that's in the front that's in focus. Again, lacking a main subject.

Overall, I like how sharp the pictures are.

I side with kellylindseyphotography (whoa that copied big) I too like the compositions, and would only suggest a bit of Levels and Saturation touch up.

Image 1) I like the rugged feel to it. The B/W gives this shot a sense of old school equipment.

Image 2), however, unique idea but my eye is wondering what is the result of all the bikes piled up. The answer looks like it might be behind the shed, and I wish I could see it.

Image 3) Great use of Depth of Field and Side Light. Nice effect. The composition tells the story it is supposed to.

Image 4) Is very well framed.

You rock, keep it up.

thanks everybody for your responses....it's interesting to get different point of views. I appreciate the tips on touch up of saturation and hue. I had someone tell me to first start by just taking a picture of something that wouldn't normally be interesting and make it be interesting....whether it be a shoebox. So that's what I'm trying to do is work on perspective. Now it sounds like I need to work on some editing....and keep working on perspective. Thanks

I like the perspectives actually, especially the mailbox one.
As a photog I see things differently than most people, like looking at a shoebox, most people would take a photo of it (only if instructed. Most people would not want a photo of a shoebox.) I just cracked myself up. Most non photogs would center the shoebox and take a picture. In my opinion, it's our job to make it special in some way and see it from different angles. Looks like that's just what you're doing here.

Yeah I agree with you reg.....i loved the angle of this photo but I do think is it overexposed. See I had my camera set to BW so it's harder for me to tell exposure when viewing it in BW on the viewfinder. Got to work on some things.

okay so here are two additional photos taken this evening.....these have main subjects. I don't know why these will not turn vertical on here. I flipped them and saved them vertical in photo bucket but it will not flip on here....sorry

nikonsnaps442.jpg

nikonsnaps439.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back