Pleiades

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was a clear night again. So i was experimenting with my new lens.
So here are 2 pics.

The Pleiades star cluster (i learnt that from PlasticSpanner)
10sec, F5.6, 300mm, ISO800
sterretjes008.jpg

The bigger picture. Again with the Pleiades and the bright one on the right is Mars (also learnt that from PlasticSpanner)
10sec, F5.6, 70mm, ISO1600
sterretjes009.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Great work, the second shot is great and you got some mini star trails in the first. Very nice.

If you have PS it is very easy to get rid of the light pollution in the second shot, if you are interested just give a shout and I would be happy to explain the process or there are a lot of tutorials online if you rather. Just a suggestion.

I learned a lot from this guy too! ^^^:thumbup:

It gets quite difficult to avoid trailing when you start to zoom in on your subject! The more zoom you use the shorter the exposure time which can mean loosing a lot of stars! I have done a little levels and curves adjusting on this one if you would like to see the result?

The second is excellent! It gives a real sense of open space! I don't know if you've taken this with film or digital but if you have it at a high enough resolution you could even crop Pleiades to get an un-trailed version! Pursuer's light pollution fix would work well with this too!

Good work! :D

well... you know what! today I'm going to try that !!

pursuer: yes, i would really like to know how to get rid of that light polution. Maybe you can post it in this thread, so more people can learn from it. If its not too much trouble.
PlasticSpanner: i would like to see the result :). I shot it with a canon 350d, which got 8mp. Im gonna try and crop, see what it looks like then
Mentos: Good luck :D

And thanks for the comments

May not be to everyones taste and the colours may be out a little as I've been struggling with colour profiles for my monitor.

Levels and curves adjusted to remove some red from the sky and bringing out truer colours of the stars and set a new black level.

sterretjes0082tm.jpg

Well, what I like in your "including-Mars-photo", Daan, is that "your" Mars has the red hue that it also had to my eye when I saw (and photographed) it ... only did it come out white in my photo.

well, you definetly see more stars in that pic PlasticSpanner. Even the different colors. That has something to do with the temperature of the stars or something right?

Corinna: i dont know what your shutte speed was, but maybe you have to set it faster and a higher ISO (if you can choose that on your little cam :) )

Used the lowest ISO (50) (camera offers a range from 50 - 400, and I have learned by bad experience that anything higher than 100 is unsatisfactory) and 15 sec. exposure (highest possible exposure, too). I never dared to believe that maybe 10 sec. might have brought about a photo, too! Upon taking the photos, all I saw was BLACK.

The colour or the stars is dependant on the type of star it is and it's temperature. So you're quite correct!:D

I usually use 400iso film for my photographs, lower looses too many stars & details and higher can get messy & grainy but i don't know how that compares to digital?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back