Plus help deciding on Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Lens

shortduck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

I am a hobbyist and own T3i [crop frame]. My 50 mm broke last week and coincidentally I came across a Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM lens for $550 (new, on sale).

I am definitely looking for a wide angle lens. I generally life taking casual pics of friends in parties and vacations and sometimes landscape.

I honestly do I not know if this is the the lens I really want! I also do not know what are the other lens that can be similar.

Can you please help me throwing me some pointers to help me. Many thanks for your time an patience.

Thanks
AB

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
However, for $550, you can get the EF-S 17-55 f/2.8

Interesting. You'll never regret having more speed. But, you'll never regret L series glass either. I don't have a strong opinion but will be interested in what others advise. I would lean towards the better glass.

I have this lens, and find it to be v good. Another to look at is the canon 24 105 l f4 not as wide but a bit more reach
A lot of photographers will change the camera body befor they change lens. For me, I get the quality glass where I can even though I have crop sensor at the moment, who knows I may go ff . If I do most of my glass is ef so I will not loose much.

my preference would be the 17 to 50 F/2.8, for its superior zoom range. Even though it is an EF-S lens it is a very high-quality optic. it is also faster at F/2.8 as opposed to F/4.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back