Pocket Wizard Flex-TT5 question...

jcskeeter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamescordell.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do Nikon Flex-TT5's work with Canon gear if you just want to set all your strobes manually (setting it on the strobe itself)? I'm thinking this will work because I have Cactus triggers now, and I can have a nikon or a canon strobe on the receiver end and it doesn't make a difference. Does the nikon hot-shoe have the same trigger spot as a Canon? Thanks for the info.

(Obviously I understand that the TTL or anything else Auto won't work.)

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Yes the TT5 will work with flashes in manual mode instead of TTL, it will also trigger non-TTL pocketwizards such as the PWII

cnutco

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Do you have the TT5 now? If not, you could buy the PW Plus2 for the Canon speedlights and save a few dollars.

OP
jcskeeter

jcskeeter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamescordell.com
Photos OK to edit
The reason for the question is because this setup will mostly be used with a D80 and 2 SB700's. Every once in a while I'm gonna throw it on my T2i and use a combo of the 2 SB-700's and a 430EXII, in manual mode.

Ok. So just to clarify. Putting the nikon TT5 on top of a Canon hot-shoe will work perfectly fine in Manual mode?

I don't have them yet. And I want to go with the TT5's because the SB-700's don't have sync ports and to achieve TTL with the Nikon setup of course. Just got done watching a couple of PW's vimeo vids and now have a further understanding why they are the industry standard!

Thanks for the info so far guys.

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Yes to achieve TTL the 5 is must. I use the 5, a TT1, and a handful of PWIIs

I bought the TT5 and TT1 before my college studio lighting classes or I'd have bought only PWIIs. I haven't been in TTL mode once since attending those classes.

cnutco

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Why do you have a Canon body and Nikon lenses and flashguns? Just asking...

OP
jcskeeter

jcskeeter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamescordell.com
Photos OK to edit
I personally own Canon gear and because of a sponsorship with the company I work for we have Nikon gear at work and I'm buying the stuff for "work"/personal use. But unfourtunatly I have to stay true to the Nikon brand on the purchase.

Why don't I have Nikon gear you ask? When I bought my Canon I didn't feel there was something that compared to the T2i with Nikon at the time for what I was looking for. And for the money i had to spend. But that's a different story.

Most reactions

New Topics