Pocket Wizard Help

bazooka

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.dirtjournal.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm ready to get into the strobist side of things and have ordered a basic lighting kit. I'm looking at radios now and know that the pocket wizard Plus 2 is popular, but if I've only got one on camera and one on my OCF, why would I not get 1 Plus 2 for the camera and 1 Plus for the OCF to save money? I wouldn't need the OCF PW to re-transmit anything, right? Or is there some other reason the Plus 2 is better to have on the OCF?

Thanks!

It's not so much a matter of retransmission, but simply that any Plus II can act as either transmitter or receiver (but not simultaneously, I think), while the Plus was available as separate transmitter and receiver units. As long as the frequencies match (ie they are intended for use in the same country) you can use a Plus II on the camera and a Plus Receiver on the OCF.

Best,
Helen

It's not so much a matter of retransmission, but simply that any Plus II can act as either transmitter or receiver (but not simultaneously, I think), while the Plus was available as separate transmitter and receiver units. As long as the frequencies match (ie they are intended for use in the same country) you can use a Plus II on the camera and a Plus Receiver on the OCF.

Best,
Helen

Sorry, I really don't mean to hijack this thread, but Helen, it's great to see you back.
welcome-back.gif

So is there any drawback to using a PW Plus Receiver other than it can only ever be a receiver? There aren't any improvements over timing or anything? If so then that's ok with me... if I understand it correctly, OCF's will only ever need to be on receiver's anyway, right?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back