Pocket Wizard III

2WheelPhoto said:
With the PW's the TT1 (smarter) can hyper sync to a PWII or III (dumber), meaning with a monolight/manual flash you can achieve up to 1/8000th sync!

Are you doing full power pops?

2WheelPhoto said:
With the PW's the TT1 (smarter) can hyper sync to a PWII or III (dumber), meaning with a monolight/manual flash you can achieve up to 1/8000th sync!

Are you doing full power pops?

Yes most definitely, the full power pops allow the faster sync speed, seems the flash is on longer. Although it works well through all the levels on my monolights and manual vivitars. I haven't got up to the 1/8000th they boast, but I've calibrated thus far to about 1/2000th or so. I'll play with them more soon.

2WheelPhoto said:
Yes most definitely, the full power pops allow the faster sync speed, seems the flash is on longer. Although it works well through all the levels on my monolights and manual vivitars. I haven't got up to the 1/8000th they boast, but I've calibrated thus far to about 1/2000th or so. I'll play with them more soon.

Cool.
I once mixed Ttl hss in conjunction with manual flash on hss. In case you haven't tried it..... Don't lol. Not a good idea.

With the PW's the TT1 (smarter) can hyper sync to a PWII or III (dumber) said:
That was exactly my point. I just feel that people bashing PW for the price need to understand that the people who rely on this equipment daily can do so because they a) understand the equipment and know what it can do (i.e. that a Plus ii or iii is a dumb trigger with out the addition of an intelligent trigger). and b) trust a company and the products they produce to last well.

Sure I could buy a cheaper made in china trigger, but if it decides to fail in the middle of a wedding ceremony I need to act quick to not miss a shot.

With the TT1 or flex 5 you can trigger Plus II or Multimax at faster than the sync speed because the modular on the camera which sends the signal is altering it.

So I can't just buy this, mount it on my camera and wirelessly trigger my EX600? I need another 200 dollars for a receiver? Wait I thought....nvm...

With the PW's the TT1 (smarter) can hyper sync to a PWII or III (dumber) said:
That was exactly my point. I just feel that people bashing PW for the price need to understand that the people who rely on this equipment daily can do so because they a) understand the equipment and know what it can do (i.e. that a Plus ii or iii is a dumb trigger with out the addition of an intelligent trigger). and b) trust a company and the products they produce to last well.

Sure I could buy a cheaper made in china trigger, but if it decides to fail in the middle of a wedding ceremony I need to act quick to not miss a shot.

With the TT1 or flex 5 you can trigger Plus II or Multimax at faster than the sync speed because the modular on the camera which sends the signal is altering it.

+1

Its well worth the price and then some for me to darken the bright blownout Florida sun background with a model in the shade and a softbox in her face =)

Most reactions

Back