Point & Shoot

poppyseeds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a Canon 30D and a Nikon FM2 but when it comes to point and shoot cameras (which I will be needing one soon) I have no idea what factors to consider. I read an article on a website but I'm just overwhelmed by all these different models. Suggestions and advices?

I have a Panasonic Lumix FX07. Its a great little P&S, compact, and has a great quality metal body. The best thing about it is the Leica lens (wideangle as well), the image quality is amazing for such a tiny camera. Its even got image stabilization and a giant LCD.

All the pictures on this page were taken with it
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67988953@N00/page3/

Its got long exposures for night too; 15,30 and a minute. And a setting that'll have a variable exposure for night as well. It should be around $300 for the 7 megapixel version and they have ones with less for a little more then $200. (I have the brick red version btw)

I just bought a new point and shoot a few weeks ago...i absolutely love it! its a canon sd800??? not sure what the exact number is... it even has IS in it, but that wasnt the main reason why i chose that one.... it came out last year, but it still gets great reviews. it has a lot of really cool options and different functions.

Before making a selection, you need to answer the question for yourself: Do you want a P&S camera that does allows you to only point it and shoot it, or do you want a P&S that also allows you some of the control that you have with your dSLR.

Most reactions

Back