What's new

Polarized Landscape

SteveLuke

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone my name is Steve. Recently i have gotten into photography and so far i love it. Just picked up a Sony alpha and today i got a polarizer filter. This photo has not been edited yet and I'd really appreciate any input as to go about doing it, or just comments in general.

DSC00648sized.jpg
 
nice shot! the only thing I'd do is crop out the palm at the top right... the shadow that runs across the bottom is a little distracting, so that could go too...
 
Thanks for the reply. Good point with the crop, i could take out that stump too.
 
Thanks a lot!, and this was taken at Taylor park in central Florida.
 
what kind of polarizer is that? it looks better than most of my shots!
 
Hmm...im pretty sure it's just a standard circular polarizer. Just walked into a camera shop and asked to see what they had. Before i went out to shoot those i read up a little on using polarizers and tried to keep the sun at a 90 angle, to my side really. It was obvious when i had the angle right and when i did not. The images either had a real rich color or they were dark. I could find this specific filter and post a link if you would like me to though.
 
I think it's a great looking shot. I also have a sony a-100...and it looks like you have the same problem I have in that the polarizer sometimes creeps its way into the corners (upper-left corner in your shot). Not a huge problem though...just crop it or you can use the healing brush tool.

I have this problem when I use it with my 18-200 lens at 18mm. It's also alot worse when I screw the polorizer on top of my UV filter. When I have time I'll remove the UV filter first...but I'm usually too lazy.
 
Thanks for all the comments guys, this seems like a friendly forum :D
 
Very good camera choice:thumbsup:

nice shot here too. polarizers can really help a sky.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom