Sjbo298

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
/

Last edited:
Hi, here are my thoughts on your photos:

Number 1) I like the light on the foreground and the vegetation. I would have used an open aperture to blur out the background more, so the viewer is more focused on that part of the photo. The background as is, is too distracting and does not contribute to the photo.

Number 2) What was your intention when you shot the photo? What were your thoughts? I cannot really get a grasp on that.

Would like to hear what you thought when you took the photos, that would help give better feedback :1219:

Pretty good comments from justBen, kinda mirrors my thoughts on both shots.

I don't mind the focus being in-focus for the first (pond) one, but I don't 'get' the second one at all.

Hi, here are my thoughts on your photos:

Number 1) I like the light on the foreground and the vegetation. I would have used an open aperture to blur out the background more, so the viewer is more focused on that part of the photo. The background as is, is too distracting and does not contribute to the photo.

Number 2) What was your intention when you shot the photo? What were your thoughts? I cannot really get a grasp on that.

Would like to hear what you thought when you took the photos, that would help give better feedback :1219:

Thanks! You're right I should have blurred the background I tend to forget those important things sometimes. As for the second photo I was focused on how the tree looked. Again I suppose I should have blurred the back a bit and focused more on what I was actually trying to do. Thank you , very helpful!!

On the first image, I don't mind the background, but I'd like to see the seed pods/heads tack sharp in focus. Can't tell from your image if they are. On the second image, I like the sinister look of the tree. Had I shot this, I would have cropped it right at the left edge of the tree, exposed for greater detail in the shadows/bark of the tree, and used DOF to only give a hint of the building in the back.

Most reactions

Back