Pool by the ocean

Invisible Man

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for some critique on this image. I don't do much black and white usually but in this case it seemed like it would suit this image. How do you like it?

Azenhas.jpg

I like the shot. Maybe a bit more sky above the house on the cliff, without losing anything from the bottom. I'm not sure what that thing is growing out of the cliff upper right. It doesn't really belong.

I really like the overall composition, but would have to agree with @ceemac, needs additional sky above lighthouse. Also something that I think would make it stronger is if the darker values were bumped a little.

I really like the overall composition, but would have to agree with @ceemac, needs additional sky above lighthouse. Also something that I think would make it stronger is if the darker values were bumped a little.

This. I’d add some more contrast/clarity as well as bumping down the black point. Would really make this image pop.

It looks tilted. What is going on with the pool water? Half of the water looks different. The composition is not very well balanced. Any lines in the shot seem to lead my eye toward the house, so maybe you need more house in the shot. I don't see how this shot is improved by the B&W conversion. Plus, the ocean looks undecided between movement and stasis.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back