Both good.
The photo of your daughter (?) is especially nice. It is candid, she didn't pose, but was still enough, and engaged well enough in what she was planning to do next, to pause and let you take the photo. Thus you even got the last of her fingertips inside the frame (good!), and could show her wonderful blue eyes so nicely. Her expression shows so much of a child's expectancy of wonderful things to come.
The dog is nicely focused, but with it's legs thus not showing, I feel I'd then want to see even less and more of a dog portrait only ... either that or a photo of the whole dog.
But those are just my thoughts...
With the sun illuminating part of your blurred background so much, however, I get the feeling there's not enough light on her, that bright background distracts a little (unvoluntarily, but eye do wander to bright spots at once, they cannot even HELP it). Hmmmph :scratch: ... little room left for cropping or else you start "stealing" hairs from her. But you could try, and if some of the stray hairs "go" ... it might be not too bad. But I feel that even if you only REDUCE the bright spot in size just a little, it helps the photo overall.